Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Auto up on the window switches

Big stupid V8
Auto up on the window switches

Big stupid V8
I agree Josh. That's the only thing that stumped me when I test drove our Jeep. Very odd.

Of course we know we can get that big stupid V8, but it's gonna cost. :)
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The buying experience…
Man, I purchased twice from the same dealership in the last two years with pretty different experiences. My sales experience was just fine both times. I had to play "the game" a bit, but nothing any more off-putting than any other dealership experience I've ever had. However the finance was completely different. I think the main thing I took away was to get financing pre-approved at my local bank. The second time, I came in with financing in hand, and was very happy with it. I had the upper hand here, and gave the dealership the opportunity to beat my finance numbers (they did). Very different from the first experience where they offered me some truly insulting numbers and I had to play "the game" with them to get it dialed in. It was probably the smoothest dealership experience I've had to date. I will be doing the same thing going forward.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Man, I purchased twice from the same dealership in the last two years with pretty different experiences. My sales experience was just fine both times. I had to play "the game" a bit, but nothing any more off-putting than any other dealership experience I've ever had. However the finance was completely different. I think the main thing I took away was to get financing pre-approved at my local bank. The second time, I came in with financing in hand, and was very happy with it. I had the upper hand here, and gave the dealership the opportunity to beat my finance numbers (they did). Very different from the first experience where they offered me some truly insulting numbers and I had to play "the game" with them to get it dialed in. It was probably the smoothest dealership experience I've had to date. I will be doing the same thing going forward.
i should be more clear and say the “acquisition” process. Every time I get an update it contradicts the previous one. Email the other day says ETA at dealer is 12/8, today it’s no ETA. I’ve been getting the “optional equipment stage” line for 2 weeks, today they say it’s only been in that stage 8 days.

The MSRP of this vehicle is $63000, I think they should be able to let me know what’s going on, straight up, and not always seem like they’re contradicting themselves, or that they don’t know what‘s actually going on.

And this is in reference to Jeep, my dealer seems to understand that there’s no way to know until it shows up at their lot. They keep telling me they’ll have better info when it makes it onto a train finally.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

i should be more clear and say the “acquisition” process. Every time I get an update it contradicts the previous one. Email the other day says ETA at dealer is 12/8, today it’s no ETA. I’ve been getting the “optional equipment stage” line for 2 weeks, today they say it’s only been in that stage 8 days.

The MSRP of this vehicle is $63000, I think they should be able to let me know what’s going on, straight up, and not always seem like they’re contradicting themselves, or that they don’t know what‘s actually going on.

And this is in reference to Jeep, my dealer seems to understand that there’s no way to know until it shows up at their lot. They keep telling me they’ll have better info when it makes it onto a train finally.
Oh man, sorry. I know the wait is brutal (I can't bitch, mine was shorter than most, but it's still agonizing) but I assure you, it IS worth the wait.

Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Auto up windows, as others have said.
A dashboard that moved with the steering adjustment. Some of the display is hidden.
More seat adjustment range (up/down, forward/back, and seat angle)
Lockable hood.
Bigger glovebox, more console storage.
More 120V plug outlets (esp. on a PHEV).
The sound of the 2.0T. It's truly awful, but maybe I'm jaded with all the electric (silent) driving I do.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I am getting rid of the 35s and going back to 33s.

I know I will miss the 35s on the trail, but I won’t miss them around town, on the freeway, and certainly not pulling into the gas station.

1636895398219.png

1636895147673.png

My dad certainly won't miss them getting in-and-out of my Jeep.
1636895650148.png
I think getting rid of the lift is the answer for Pops.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I know this might get me kicked out of Jeep Club, but I'd love a model with no removable top and no roll cage inside. It eats a lot of cargo room for overlanding. Offer Sky One on it so you can still open the roof.

(Not saying Jeep should stop offering the removable top altogether. Just saying I'd buy one without it.)

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
If you could change anything about your new JL...What would it be? I will start....FIX THE STEERING ISSUE

20200203_115605.jpg
I've said it so many times. Why did I have to spend $200 to buy various plastic cubbies to put basic things. I added pockets on the doors to add cup holders, glasses holder, and a few others so I have places to put things. It's absurd that I have a fancy leather interior but nowhere to put anything. Just plain stupid. The front seats are very comfortable on my bad back, but, why no adjustment for the front of the seat cushion so the seat isn't digging in under my thighs. IE a lowering front adjustment like most seats have. As for the steering. I think it's GREAT. Direct, and I love the feel. So I can't jump on the bad steering rampage, there isn't anything wrong with it. Ive had Corvettes, 4Runners, Sorento's, Civics, so I have plenty to compare my Wranglers steering to and I think it works very well.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I wish I could turn on my Jeep and have it automatically connect to my phone via bluetooth and start playing where I left off instead of defaulting to AM radio every time. The 5" Uconnect that comes with the JL Sport is the worst.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The buying experience…
There are about a half a dozen dealers who forum members buy from that make it as easy as ordering a pizza. Plus they offer respectable discounts without haggling to ease the pain.

You think the buying experience is bad? Wait until you need service or warranty. The post sales dealer experience at many FCA brands flat out make the buying process feel like a complementary visit to the Bunny Ranch after being incarcerated for 50 years.
Sponsored

Last edited: