Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How is every answer not the steering. I’m used to it now but whenever I get in my wife’s car I’m like “oh yeah now I remember.”

Love my Jeep and every answer I’ve seen is valid but oh man is that steering hilariously bad. It has all the steering feel and accuracy of a bad game at Dave and Busters.
I have a 20 JLUS and the steering is perfect. After all the horror stories I was concerned when I drove it off the lot.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
1 touch up windows.
Half doors with zip windows. I love those so much and can't wait to do this to my jeep.
Delete AS/S function completely .
Front seats that fold and telescope up for easier entry. Why doesn't my current jeep do this like the older ones???
And more customization options when ordering... black tow hooks, choice of colored dashes, no decal options ect...
Tighter steering too. My 4 door steering was bad but my 2 door is sooo much better its crazy.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
larger factory style side mirrors. at least wider.
seats that go lower. at 6'1" i can't see a lot of traffic lights.
speed displayed on the milage screens.
larger bolsters on the seats.
factory cargo lid, like most hatchback/SUVs have.
one touch up windows.
and as i said earlier, rain sensing wipers.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
A manual trans available for the diesel, and available for 2dr

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Android Auto connection being more reliable. I've changed the cable out but it's still flaky.
Lower reverse gear
Better steering, especially on the freeway - although I've improved it somewhat.
Make sure you get a quality cable.. I used a cable that connects usb-c to usb-c .. Haven't had an issue since using it. ( Used a cable from Verizon , about 20 bucks)

Sponsored

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Reverse gear in the manual is so high you can't back up an anthill without one of three conditions: 1. Smoking/slipping clutch entire way 2. Going so fast it's dangerous (if kids are around) or 3. Giving up and using 4Lo

I could also ask for a V6 with more off-idle torque instead of a car engine with all its power above 5k RPM, but I've given up, haha
Amen to that! Never have understood why anyone needed to do 30 mph in reverse. Reverse should be a creeper gear! And it's not just Jeep that's the culprit here. I have a Yamaha Kodiak ATV with the same problem, only you have to let the belt slip to ease backwards in reverse.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
If you could change anything about your new JL...What would it be? I will start....FIX THE STEERING ISSUE

20200203_115605.jpg
The ONLY thing I had to do to fix my steering was to ditch the stock Duellers and replace them with Toyo Open Country AT2s, 33”/285 on the stock rims.

theice44

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2Dr Rubicon, Bikini Pearl + Dark Saddle&6 Speed Manual. Written off 2Dr JK Altitude Edition
Have the garage door opener work after shutting the Jeep off. If all the other electronics remain on for the 5 minutes I set, why can't I close the garage door in this mode?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Have the garage door opener work after shutting the Jeep off. If all the other electronics remain on for the 5 minutes I set, why can't I close the garage door in this mode?
They power off the garage door opener for security. It's to keep someone from reaching in and opening your garage door.

It would be nice to have the option of programing it for a 5-minute delay if someone wanted that.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
If automakers would do away with trim levels, packages, and sub-models, and allow us to order by LINE ITEM, everybody would be happier. The technology at the factory level to enable this has been around since at least the 1980s, and I'm given to understand that ordering what you want is the norm everywhere but in North America. Heck, my father ordered a 1 ton GMC pickup in 1963 that was built EXACTLY the way he wanted it - and that was in the "paper era". Today's CAM systems make this kind of thing a snap - but Carcos have taken a page from Telcos and Cablecos and stick the consumer with "Packages".
Not everyone! In 1963 on a GMC pickup I doubt there was more than 4-5 options anyway. Probably a radio, heater, mirror, rear bumper, etc. Not exactly enough for a package!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I just want to be able to add power locks to a base JLU without buying a whole option package.
When I had my JL I did just that with OEM locks. If you search the forum you can find my POST on it. You can see how I did mine here: https://www.myjlproject.com/blog/power-lock-install-for-jl-wrangler-sport/ it was back in 2018 and members have since then refined the process. One guy even figured out how to do it through the actual CANBUS system of the jeep to avoid having to use a separate keyless entry module. Of course that was more intensive. Mine does use OEM Locking Actuators though so you dont have to add those little cheap actuators.