Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
True there is a turbo and it's related components.

Actually a 6-cyclinder has 50% more moving parts then a 4-cyclinder. It has a extra cylinder head, 2 more pistons, rods, wrist pins, bearings, lifters, springs, valve train components, valves, injectors, coil packs, etc. Plus extra manifold, cat converters, exhaust, etc.

Modern engines are pretty reliable. I'd call it a wash. lol.
more than anything, it's the "turbo" thing. the diesels I contend with everyday are, of course, turboed. blowing a turbo just sucks.

hence, that extended warranty. and, gain... that was a maybe... not a deal breaker.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
more than anything, it's the "turbo" thing. the diesels I contend with everyday are, of course, turboed. blowing a turbo just sucks.

hence, that extended warranty. and, gain... that was a maybe... not a deal breaker.
I am assuming trucks? How many miles do you see with the diesel turbos before a bearing or something goes?

I have owned about a dozen Turbo cars since the 80's. I never had issues with replacing a turbo. Lucky, I guess. The JL turbo is covered under engine power train for 60K. The optional Mopar Max Extended Warranty covers it also.

I own a 2.0T. Hell, here in Chicago I am much more likely to loose a cat converter to theft then have a turbo fail. Thankfully the cat on the 2.0 is off the manifold and hard to rip out. I'd have to worry twice as much with the 3.6. Lol!

Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
I would like the Hood Prop Rod to be the opposite of what it is now ; anchored to the radiator support, free end into hood. Now, you are holding hood up, and pulling against yourself to free Prop Rod, then locating it into radiator support. Reverse this, easier, gravity agrees
Having it where it is helps if you want to put the hood all the way back to the windshield. Since some Jeeps are pretty high and some people are pretty short, having it reversed would make it pretty difficult for some.

I'd like a heavy duty top. Something that can take more weight, officially support paddle boards, and be significantly quieter when going 75+.

Auto up/down windows would be nice, that is the only missing luxury for me.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
2 dr and manual...ohh wait that's what I will be getting when this lease is up...hopefully the 6 speed is available by sept 2021.

While I do like the 4dr...I don't love it, glad I leased it

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
If you could change anything about your new JL...What would it be? I will start....FIX THE STEERING ISSUE

20200203_115605.jpg
I have had my 2020 JLUR since last August. Passing 10K miles this weekend. After reading about some of the steering issues, I am happy to report my steering is perfect. Tight. Centered. No wobble. No issues, even up to 100 mph.

Changes I would like to see...
* Lockable hood and gas cap. I have had to changes these out.
* Ability to elevate the front passenger's seat. I love to sit up high and really like the elevation pump for the drivers seat. I wish my passenger had the same ability.
* Auto up/down for all 4 windows
* I wish my Rubicon also had all-wheel-drive ability when driving on wet streets. And no... I don't want a Sahara. I just would like to see technology offer the best of both worlds.
* The disconnect plug/harness for the wiper/defroster on the hard top is a pain in the ass to disconnect when you want to remove the hard top. Design an easier disconnect plug would be an improvement.
* Allow ESS to default to last setting, which means you only set it... are you ready... one time!

Other than that, this has been a great purchase for me. My 3rd Wrangler, having previously owned a 2002 and 2012. I LOVE the way it drives. My HD lights are the best in the game. The premium cloth seats are very comfortable in my opinion. I have not taken my Jeep back to the dealer for anything. I do my own oil changes and tire rotations. I would not trust those idiots for anything! Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing I dislike about my JLUR is the Start Stop function. I know there are ways to deactivate, but they are kinda cumbersome.....Should be MUCH easier...
Easy change with Tazer :like: You will need for the new 37s anyway

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Get rid of that rev hang when shifting gears!!

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
One thing that really annoys me is the fact that bluetooth does not automatically connect and is not default, like come on it's a 2019 model and this should have been a thing. my 17 camaro ss automatically connected bluetooth from my phone and played music right away pretty much no delay.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
One thing that really annoys me is the fact that bluetooth does not automatically connect and is not default, like come on it's a 2019 model and this should have been a thing. my 17 camaro ss automatically connected bluetooth from my phone and played music right away pretty much no delay.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your vehicle? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored