Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

BlueCJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I'd be for that, but where are you going to put the spare? There's no way Jeep would give it a dedicated tire carrier that you have to open before you drop the gate.
They’ve done it before on the CJ7. Swing out tire carrier with a drop down gate behind it.
Sponsored

FlatSixShooter

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara,997C2, 981S, 750LI, Shelby GTSC, 19VW Jetta and a lot of motorcycles
I can’t think of a single thing I’d fix. It would need to be at least SEVEN things, inc:

- dual battery killing ESS set up.

- steering

- poor frame & track bar welds

- debris & bubbles in paint

- premature rusting (3k miles) of frame, hinges and fasteners.

- fragging fire-starter of clutch & pressure plate assembly.

- terrible dealer service and very poor factory support, unless litigating.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I'd be for that, but where are you going to put the spare? There's no way Jeep would give it a dedicated tire carrier that you have to open before you drop the gate. You don't want it underneath, and no room for it there in the 2 door anyways. Can't put it on the roof, so your options really become the side or the hood. Both of which have their own problems.
I was thinking of a dedicated, swing out carrier that you'd open before dropping the gate like you mentioned in your reply. For many folks that's an early mod in order to accommodate an oversized tire. My old Bronco had that set up (swing out carrier and drop down gate) which is what made me think it would be great for the Jeep.

Of course, this is a "wish list" thread, so none of it is likely to happen anyway and there are arguments against what most people have posted (which is likely why none of the suggestions are on the Jeeps already,), but that's what I'd want on mine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
My wish list:
1. Dump ESS - 99% of us turn it off or disable it anyway, waste of money, and adds complexity.
2. Make rear headrests removable or able to fold down completely across all models.
3. Smaller key fob.
4. Minor annoyance; On the unlimited models, rear seats/cupholders are different if you get cloth or leather seat options, which also make the rear seats, rear floor mats, rear cargo mats different. Production gap present on leather seats, but missing from cloth seats. Why did you do this FCA?

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
For you and me it works. But I think it would be a deal breaker for a lot of buyers. Like it or not the Wrangler is a mainstream vehicle ever since the introduction of the four door. I have no issues with that, 4 door production is what allows real niche vehicle (2 door) to exist. But with that comes some compromises. This swing out tire carrier and tailgate combo being one of them. Judging from the posts on this board the next one the consumers are demanding will be IFS so we can get that car like steering everyone seems to want.
Again, this was a “wish list” thread.

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
When it is raining I would like not to be wetter getting in the jeep than during the run to the jeep.
Drip Rails Suck!

WaX

ember_season

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Add a manual push/pull button on the rear tailgate to lock/ unlock the door....
Then you wouldn’t have the feature of the little stow cubby in the back being locked when you have the top off. You can’t open it unless you open the back door

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Restore the headroom from the JK. The JL hardtop hits my head! (Yes, even with the seats in the lowest position).

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
+1 to auto-up windows but understand that the anti-pinch sensors and wiring likely conflicts with the ease of removing doors.

For me, I'd really just like shorter gearing for the 6 speed. Compact the ratios so the current 5th gear becomes 6th gear. I'd give up a little highway mileage to have a few more gears to choose from in town and to be in top gear at 65. Even though NEOhio is pretty damn flat, cruising at 65 in 6th feels like it's lugging. I use 5th unless I'm going 70 or above.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes! Thought I would be the only one in this thread!
Seems like a lot of people on this and other maker forums want this auto-up feature. My 14 GMC truck has them. Given the location of the power window switches on the JL is slightly inconvenient, I could see the utility, especially for the manual trans guys.
Sponsored