Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Active front headrests (yeah, I know... head "restraints") or headrests that allow adjusting the angle. The OEMs were designed by lawyers, not someone trained in proper ergonomics.
Sponsored

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
much better clutch, that doesnt feel like its slipping. that or fix the damn tune so it will run better.
wider driver seat, the seat is comfortable but i always have a little pressure on my right hip which is annoying after a while.
one last thing geared better from the factory. why on earth they went to a 3.45 from the 3.73 even with the trailer package is beyond me. other then that i really like my jeep. its my first one, most likely wont be the last. unless of course the clutch explodes and it burns to the ground.... ugh. ...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
much better clutch, that doesnt feel like its slipping. that or fix the damn tune so it will run better.
wider driver seat, the seat is comfortable but i always have a little pressure on my right hip which is annoying after a while.
one last thing geared better from the factory. why on earth they went to a 3.45 from the 3.73 even with the trailer package is beyond me. other then that i really like my jeep. its my first one, most likely wont be the last. unless of course the clutch explodes and it burns to the ground.... ugh. ...
You might get a better clutch. There's a recall involving the clutch and or pressure plate.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-clutch-gang.7373/page-57

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
For the life of me I can't figure out why the back door opens the wrong way. They've done this for as long as I can remember Jeeps having swinging doors rather than tailgates, they open toward the curb side. So say if you're dropping someone at the airport you have to lift the luggage around the door. Compare this to say an FJ Cruiser that has the door swing the opposite direction. Just seems like swinging the door open to the driver side, rather than to the passenger side, would be more usable in most situations.
I'd actually like a drop down gate rather than a swing gate. In a 2 door it gives more floor space for tailgating, sleeping, etc.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I'd actually like a drop down gate rather than a swing gate. In a 2 door it gives more floor space for tailgating, sleeping, etc.
Or a dual option pull down or side open. That would be nice.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you could change anything about your new JL...What would it be? I will start....FIX THE STEERING ISSUE

20200203_115605.jpg
Since I've spent a couple thousand and fixed my steering issues, I've fixed my broken visors, and I'll fix my leaking axle, I guess the only one I can come up with is: I wish the Jeep product line had been sold off to GM and GM was producing it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Since I've spent a couple thousand and fixed my steering issues, I've fixed my broken visors, and I'll fix my leaking axle, I guess the only one I can come up with is: I wish the Jeep product line had been sold off to GM and GM was producing it.
I don't trust Government Motors, period

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't trust Government Motors, period
I don't know about "trust" toward a vehicle maker. But I'd put my money down on a GM vehicle before I put it down again on a FCA product. But, "trust" isn't a word I'd use in a sentence with FCA either.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I don't know about "trust" toward a vehicle maker. But I'd put my money down on a GM vehicle before I put it down again on a FCA product. But, "trust" isn't a word I'd use in a sentence with FCA either.
I got a Ram, no issues with it aside from the Radio ghosting every halfa year, and even then.

Family had an expedition and a suburban back in the day, guess which one gave the folks issues
Sponsored