Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
There isn't much I would add that'd make a difference. I feel the JL makes for a good blend of being modern and relatively simple. I wish my clock didn't lose time every week and I wish there wasn't ESS but that's very minor. Auto-up windows would be cool but again that's another very minor thing. Other things would take away from a Wrangler being a Wrangler. I don't think road noise makes a Wrangler a Wrangler, but being a convertible is part of the Wrangler DNA so you're always going to have more road noise with it. A solid axle vehicle at this price range is never going to ride better than a stock JL currently does. Certain things sound nice but are impractical when you consider it's a Wrangler and should remain one.
Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
These are my nitpicky changes, in no specific order:

1. Fix the numerical sequence of the menu when pressing the up/down arrows in the steering wheel. I have to press UP to go in descending order (9,8,7,6.....) and vice versa.
2. Get rid of the damn weather alerts
3. Allow me to disable ESS permanently by pressing the button, instead of resetting every cycle
4. The blinker light on the dashboard should be at the top and not at the bottom, makes me either have to look too far down to know if it is on or gets blocked out of sight when turning the steering wheel
5. If driving with the nav map on the screen, make it go back to the map when returning to the app and not have to press the "map" button again. I like driving with the map on display, but if i get a text and click on it to go on carplay, when i am done and press the Nav app, i have to press "map" again

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I will add another. My remote start on my Jeep does not have that great of a range. Maybe have an APP on the phone that would be able to start the Jeep as opposed to the fob. I would love to be able to start it from further away.
The Uconnect app does this. In the winter i start my car from inside the building and it's great.

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Small thing, but I'm used to lighter plugs that stay powered when the vehicle is off. I could leave my phone in the truck and charge it. I know, this is common among newer cars. I think I'm doing pretty well if that the only deficiency. :)

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Small thing, but I'm used to lighter plugs that stay powered when the vehicle is off. I could leave my phone in the truck and charge it. I know, this is common among newer cars. I think I'm doing pretty well if that the only deficiency. :)
The USB port will charge your phone when vehicle is not running.

OP
OP
Redskinfan72

Redskinfan72

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Seats could be way more comfortable. Non adjustable seat pan is bs At these prices at this level.
I agree on the seats...Better than the JK for sure but still could be better. Someone also mentioned lockable cargo area/ storage and I think that's a good idea too.

Sponsored

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
The USB port will charge your phone when vehicle is not running.
I wondered about that, and good to know, thanks. I just have my thumb drive with my music on it but unplugging it is no biggie if I'm not going to be in the Jeep.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Only thing I dislike about my JLUR is the Start Stop function. I know there are ways to deactivate, but they are kinda cumbersome.....Should be MUCH easier...
You have to push a button one time, and it is turned off. If you are referring to permanently disabling it, an easy option for that would be nice.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Food for thought...

Aren’t all these things that individual owners want to change about their JL Wranglers actually doable? Expense not withstanding?

The answer is yes and going thru this thread, some of the requested changes are not cost prohibitive. Some are.

But again, this is why most of us love our Wranglers: Jeep gives us a stock canvas optioned to our liking and we have the ability to modify it to make it our own.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
For the life of me I can't figure out why the back door opens the wrong way. They've done this for as long as I can remember Jeeps having swinging doors rather than tailgates, they open toward the curb side. So say if you're dropping someone at the airport you have to lift the luggage around the door. Compare this to say an FJ Cruiser that has the door swing the opposite direction. Just seems like swinging the door open to the driver side, rather than to the passenger side, would be more usable in most situations.
...why did you have to point this out. I was happy with my ignorance.
Sponsored