Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
A set of captain’s chairs instead of bench seat.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Man! All the mentioning of the "sports bar" makes me jealous. I didn't get that option on my Jeep. But then, all the NFL kneeling for the NA thing turned me off to sports anyway. But a sports bar in my jeep would be cool. I could probably get back into sports.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Man! All the mentioning of the "sports bar" makes me jealous. I didn't get that option on my Jeep. But then, all the NFL kneeling for the NA thing turned me off to sports anyway. But a sports bar in my jeep would be cool. I could probably get back into sports.
Yes.. fully stocked!!:LOL:

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
A little less wind noise at highway speed.

I bought it right before it got cold out, so I haven’t been able to really dig into the problem. If I can cut it down a bit, I’ll be happy with it.
I’m not sure if this will help you, but one thing that helped me when driving without doors was to scoot the passenger’s seat about 6-8” forward and straightening the seat to a vertical position, putting the passenger seat forward of the B-pillar. On the highway this greatly reduced wind buffeting from the passenger side. I’ve had a TJ and a YJ before my current jeep and never felt as much buffeting as I do in my JL. This helped reduce it and made me less likely to lose my sunglasses or hat on the highway.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If i could have a front window defrost that actually cleared the entire window and maybe rain gutters that didn't direct water to the front seats, I would be blissfully happy.
Do you use the "FRONT DEFROST" button?

I read a few threads about how their front window defrost does not clear the entire window. It must have to do with a few variables? Obviously exterior and interior temps and humidity levels. How the climate control is set. It might also depend on options. AUTO or manual climate control.

I live in Chicago and we get sub-zero temps, ice and snow. I use the remote starter in the winter. I have it programmed to defrost and heat seats and steering wheel. I have never had a issue clearing the entire windshield given enough time for the JL to warm up. 99% of the time I leave my climate control set to "AUTO" 66 degrees year around. The only time I noticed some front windshield fogging is when someone gets into my JL in the winter with wet hair. Or if it's raining and we are sitting for a extended time. Fog can happen when the engine shuts off from the eTorque start/stop activating the stop mode. I think it turns off the A/C compressor so it does not dehumidify when it's OFF? All of those rare instances can be cleared in seconds by pressing the "FRONT DEFROST" button. Once cleared I put the climate control back to AUTO.

Interior glass fogging can be kept down by cleaning the insides of the glass often with a good glass cleaner and wiping down with a microfiber towel.

The rain gutters are a pain for sure.
Sponsored