Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Auto sensing and speed adjusting windshield wipers. Though I imagine the fold down windshield makes this a bit more of a challenge vs most vehicles.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
- IMPROVE THE 2-DOOR FRONT SEAT FOLDING/RELEASE SYSTEM. The current components for this have CHINA written all over it on uppercase and rainbow colors.
- Add quick sway bar disconnect from factory for all models, not electronic, just manual quick disconnects.
- Make an in-between JLU and JL 2 door model, or simply add a few inches to the JL 2 door. I like the short wheelbase, but it is too short imo it can be a little longer. The 4 door is too ugly, looks like a bus, and too big.

That's it. I am honestly very happy with my Wrangler, and I don't ever regret the purchase.

Oh, if it could fly, then that'd be awesome. But seriously, fix the fu(k!ng seats.

Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I think the rear seat should be easier to take out. Would love to see it 100% quick release like some of these seats you see in the back of a minivan.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
My change would be to redesign rthe switchgear for the lights. I hit it with my left knee jumping in and turn on the lights.
Oooh you just made me realize my dislike for the arrangement of the controls in the dash:
  • Reaching for the engine off button? If you miss, you'll wind up blasting the stereo (finger hits the volume knob).
  • Attempting to turn down the temperature? Slightly miss and now the hazard lights are on.
  • Why are the volume & tune radio buttons separated by the HVAC controls? It would make more sense if the fan speed & tune knob were reversed (this is with the 8.4" screen)
  • Also why are the steering wheel control stalks not at the same 'resting' angle?

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Sport bars that don't stop a foot before the tailgate. Kinda looks like an old VW Thing convertible IMO.

1384198236.png

You said one Thing right?

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Again, so why didn't you just buy an IFS Jeep (or other make) to begin with if the SFA is the major thing you'd change? For your uses, a Wrangler doesn't do anything any better (and a lot of on-road things worse) than one of the other choices.

Don't get me wrong...it's certainly your prerogative to buy whatever you like...just seems like an odd thing to want to change since you didn't have to pick that relatively major drawback for your uses.
Thats a fair question. I went for a long ride the other day, and here in Vermont the roads get tons of frost heaves by the end of winter. I was getting tossed around the cabin for at least 50 miles . I really had no idea it would ride that poorly before I bought it. You have to have all wheel drive in VT. I have had Outbacks and Audis and the Jeep caught my attention . Mine has selec -trac and it was great this winter. If I had known the SFA gave such a shitty ride on bumpy roads maybe I would have kept my All Road, maybe not. On the highway and smooth roads , I can live with it. Will I buy another ? Probably not. I love it though even if it aint perfect.
Sponsored

Last edited: