Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

OP
OP
Redskinfan72

Redskinfan72

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I will add another. My remote start on my Jeep does not have that great of a range. Maybe have an APP on the phone that would be able to start the Jeep as opposed to the fob. I would love to be able to start it from further away.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Iā€™m not sure if this will help you, but one thing that helped me when driving without doors was to scoot the passengerā€™s seat about 6-8ā€ forward and straightening the seat to a vertical position, putting the passenger seat forward of the B-pillar. On the highway this greatly reduced wind buffeting from the passenger side. Iā€™ve had a TJ and a YJ before my current jeep and never felt as much buffeting as I do in my JL. This helped reduce it and made me less likely to lose my sunglasses or hat on the highway.
thanks for the suggestion. I already sit pretty far up as it is though.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will add another. My remote start on my Jeep does not have that great of a range. Maybe have an APP on the phone that would be able to start the Jeep as opposed to the fob. I would love to be able to start it from further away.
Apple is reportedly working on this for iOS 14

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Some Wrangler models have a optional feature through UConnect called Guardian that allows for remote starting via your cell phone. I have a Rubicon with the 8.4" Infotainment and Uconnect. I can remote start with my cell phone via Guardian. You can start/stop, lock, unlock, lock, adjust climate control, find your car, and a few other features with Guardian. One year subscription is included. There is a monthly fee after the initial free one year trial.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian.html/

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I just want to be able to add power locks to a base JLU without buying a whole option package.
I noticed a lot of the things some people want are available on a JL but only in certain models. That's FCA's way of making you buy the next model up if you want something. Some options are easier and cheaper to add then others.

Power locks are pretty inexpensive to add. Any qualified automobile stereo or alarm place can add power locks easily if you want them. Just make sure FCA is OK with it so they do not have an excuse to void warranty or something.

I owned a base TJ Sport back in '97. It was bare bones with a soft top and half-doors. Only options were A/C and automatic. I hated not having power door locks. I had them installed for around $100 back then. A friend recently added power locks to her JK 2-door and rear gate. I think she paid $450 for 2 front door actuators and a rear gate actuator and the alarm to activate and control them. The alarm included a remote starter also.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
1. Factory option for a front facing camera for trails
2. Some real half doors to help when #1 isn't available because the wife gets tired of me asking her to get out and tell me what's on the other side of the hill we're about to go over
3. Slightly larger/deeper driver seat for us taller folks

Other than that, it's perfect.

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Interior light sensor.

Hate the screen and instrument lights dimming and brightening all the time if the sun goes behind a cloud!

I always have my exterior lights on auto but they shouldn't be connected to the interior lighting.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
@ricku and @AnnDee4444 :CWL::CWL::CWL:

Definitely not hating, just not completely bought in to the red motif across the lineup. I do, however like the red tow hooks on the GC Trailhawk, especially when the GC is white.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
@ricku and @AnnDee4444 :CWL::CWL::CWL:

Definitely not hating, just not completely bought in to the red motif across the lineup. I do, however like the red tow hooks on the GC Trailhawk, especially when the GC is white.
How do you feel about orange?
8cNv5NH7AUd677rMfAb3aETUh6or0EAfV8o24iU8vfq-a0U0Bc0jrereHHi2GJU8ngt-VNIIqJvNpX_SGpCYVtdSfdZsK3g7.jpg