Sponsored

If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Thats a fair question. I went for a long ride the other day, and here in Vermont the roads get tons of frost heaves by the end of winter. I was getting tossed around the cabin for at least 50 miles . I really had no idea it would ride that poorly before I bought it. You have to have all wheel drive in VT. I have had Outbacks and Audis and the Jeep caught my attention . Mine has selec -trac and it was great this winter. If I had known the SFS gave such a shitty ride on bumpy roads maybe I would have kept my All Road, maybe not. On the highway and smooth roads , I can live with it. Will I buy another ? Probably not. I love it though even if it aint perfect.
You have too many posts and likes to not have a Jeep

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Is there a reason the factory steel bumpers have the red recovery hooks and not D-Ring mounts for recovery? Almost every aftermarket bumper has D-Ring mounts, not recovery hooks. I don't want a bunch of D-Rings off of my Jeep, but I am just curious as to Jeeps choice.

I didn't think the seats were all that comfortable, but I spent 1.5 hours driving to a park yesterday, and about 5ish hours driving around on trails, another 1.5 hours home and I have to admit my back wasn't bothering me. I was in the drivers seat almost constantly (except for 30 minute lunch and a couple of breaks) from 6:30am to 5:15pm.

I would like ventilated seats, but hey, I also get that doesn't really go with a Wrangler.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Interesting info about IFS in the Wrangler: https://www.allpar.com/SUVs/lil-blue.html
We invented an IFS design which did not compromise the drive shaft angles and had 12 inches of travel. This design had off-road capability equal to the beam axle design. It did increase unsprung mass about 25 percent vs. a shorter travel independent front suspension, although it still had lower unsprung mass than a beam axle design [our italics]. The cost to manufacture this suspension was about that of the Dakota IFS at the time [which was] more than double the cost of the Grand Cherokee front suspension.

Sponsored

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
Our 2020 is our 4th Jeep (CJ, YJ, TJ previously). Handling wise, power plant and drivetrain we feel it's the best so I'm not saying we don't have the love. So, my list are all first world issues, but, they bug the crap out of me.
At least on the base Sport get rid of:
  1. ESS (allow for delete or allow for disable without having to do it at each startup)
  2. Push to start (its a Jeep not a Lexus, I'll use my key)
  3. Huuuge key FOB (those of us with manual locks use our keys a lot this thing is stupid. Something smaller with a chip would be fine thank you)
Add options for:
  1. 33" tires with alloy wheels
  2. High cut fender flares
  3. Steel bumper
Like I said, great Jeep so far. In my opinion, the base Sport would be better with the above changes.

Sponsored

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4XE, 2021 Tesla 3 Performance
Occupation
Tech and Real Estate Guy
Wish list:

-hemi engine option
-power hard top roof
-make the body design slightly more aerodynamic

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
The key fob for the sport is ridiculously big and the switchblade key doesn't feel like it'll last.

I miss the size of the sunrider portion on the soft top of my JK, with how far back it folds down I might as well just pulled down the whole top lol

Plus you need to be 8 feet tall to fold it back on the JL you can flip the JK's back from the driver seat.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
A little less wind noise at highway speed.

I bought it right before it got cold out, so I haven’t been able to really dig into the problem. If I can cut it down a bit, I’ll be happy with it.