If there was one thing you could change about your JL...

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Auto up on the window switches

Big stupid V8
Auto up on the window switches

Big stupid V8
I agree Josh. That's the only thing that stumped me when I test drove our Jeep. Very odd.

Of course we know we can get that big stupid V8, but it's gonna cost. :)
Advertisement

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
The buying experience…
Man, I purchased twice from the same dealership in the last two years with pretty different experiences. My sales experience was just fine both times. I had to play "the game" a bit, but nothing any more off-putting than any other dealership experience I've ever had. However the finance was completely different. I think the main thing I took away was to get financing pre-approved at my local bank. The second time, I came in with financing in hand, and was very happy with it. I had the upper hand here, and gave the dealership the opportunity to beat my finance numbers (they did). Very different from the first experience where they offered me some truly insulting numbers and I had to play "the game" with them to get it dialed in. It was probably the smoothest dealership experience I've had to date. I will be doing the same thing going forward.

CJtoJLU

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Man, I purchased twice from the same dealership in the last two years with pretty different experiences. My sales experience was just fine both times. I had to play "the game" a bit, but nothing any more off-putting than any other dealership experience I've ever had. However the finance was completely different. I think the main thing I took away was to get financing pre-approved at my local bank. The second time, I came in with financing in hand, and was very happy with it. I had the upper hand here, and gave the dealership the opportunity to beat my finance numbers (they did). Very different from the first experience where they offered me some truly insulting numbers and I had to play "the game" with them to get it dialed in. It was probably the smoothest dealership experience I've had to date. I will be doing the same thing going forward.
i should be more clear and say the “acquisition” process. Every time I get an update it contradicts the previous one. Email the other day says ETA at dealer is 12/8, today it’s no ETA. I’ve been getting the “optional equipment stage” line for 2 weeks, today they say it’s only been in that stage 8 days.

The MSRP of this vehicle is $63000, I think they should be able to let me know what’s going on, straight up, and not always seem like they’re contradicting themselves, or that they don’t know what‘s actually going on.

And this is in reference to Jeep, my dealer seems to understand that there’s no way to know until it shows up at their lot. They keep telling me they’ll have better info when it makes it onto a train finally.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
i should be more clear and say the “acquisition” process. Every time I get an update it contradicts the previous one. Email the other day says ETA at dealer is 12/8, today it’s no ETA. I’ve been getting the “optional equipment stage” line for 2 weeks, today they say it’s only been in that stage 8 days.

The MSRP of this vehicle is $63000, I think they should be able to let me know what’s going on, straight up, and not always seem like they’re contradicting themselves, or that they don’t know what‘s actually going on.

And this is in reference to Jeep, my dealer seems to understand that there’s no way to know until it shows up at their lot. They keep telling me they’ll have better info when it makes it onto a train finally.
Oh man, sorry. I know the wait is brutal (I can't bitch, mine was shorter than most, but it's still agonizing) but I assure you, it IS worth the wait.

AnnDee4444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

FloridaLarry

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Auto up windows, as others have said.
A dashboard that moved with the steering adjustment. Some of the display is hidden.
More seat adjustment range (up/down, forward/back, and seat angle)
Lockable hood.
Bigger glovebox, more console storage.
More 120V plug outlets (esp. on a PHEV).
The sound of the 2.0T. It's truly awful, but maybe I'm jaded with all the electric (silent) driving I do.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I am getting rid of the 35s and going back to 33s.

I know I will miss the 35s on the trail, but I won’t miss them around town, on the freeway, and certainly not pulling into the gas station.

1636895398219.png

1636895147673.png

My dad certainly won't miss them getting in-and-out of my Jeep.
1636895650148.png
I think getting rid of the lift is the answer for Pops.

Advertisement

Rock Krawler

Advertisement