Reaction score
Website
www.cooltoys.tv
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2018 Jaguar F-pace, 2002 Mercedes SLK,
Occupation
CoolToys® TV Host
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless of some of the other comments, as a "Mild Hybrid" driver, I am a bit jealous and at the same time afraid to look under the CoolToysTV JLU after a trek outside of St. George Utah. I could not stop going down and never looked at inclinometers. But there were some big bounces on the way down. Tore the plastic air dam under front bumper so..... anyway looking good!
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Any find an aluminum skid system for the 392 yet?

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
If you have the JLUD then look somewhere else on the Artec side, over a year of 1 more month and just heard that it's another 2 months out. I honestly don't think they even have one in production or it's so far down on the list that they may never get to it. MetalCloak and Rusty's both looked good. Artec looks like the best one out there but its the union on the diesels.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Hey @JLSarge, I have the 2.0 but did the gas tank skid (with Next Venture). Did it in my driveway. It was tight, but do-able. (I didn't jack the jeep at all). The trick was the following:
- Have fuel tank as absolutely empty as possible for weight.
- loosen up all the bolts but don't take them out.
- Disconnect wire connectors to skid on front (top area) and rear of tank.
- Work ratcheting tie-down straps under the tank (between skid and tank). Note, I had to do both from the front. Doing from the back was impossible.
- About 1/3 the way down the tank I ran into a metal strap that attached the skid to the tank by going around it. After screwing with this for a while, I ended up just grinding it off.

I only got one strap about 1/2 the way to the back and the other that was close to the front. But they held the tank fine.

I added some very dense foam both above the tank and on the cross member provided by Next Venture to keep the gas tank from "bouncing around."

The stock skid just barley fit under the jeep to drag it out. . . but it did fit.

Anyway, ended up not being a big deal all in all. (I was way more nervous about it than it needed to be.). But, took more time than I thought it would.
Hey guys, I added some video and details for my gas tank skid swap here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-jlu-aluminum-belly-skids.71388/post-1670740

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Any find an aluminum skid system for the 392 yet?
Dan from Next Venture told me (when I was talking to him on my Skid system) that they had just installed a system on the 392. Don't know any more than this. . . But give him a call.

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Which one works without a lift? The Artec specifically says it needs 1.5". And Asfir's bracket is in the same spot, I figured they were all like this. When I was looking, I couldn't find anyone that installed skids on a non lifted Jeep, seems like this is a mod usually done down the road.
Rockhard4x4 bellypan system fits on stock Rubicon, no lift or mods required (a plus for me). I got it in aluminum, actually quite easy to install flat on my garage floor. Funny thing, RH packs the skid plates for shipping like they're china tea cups...

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
You re-use the factory piece that supports the cooling lines to the battery. If you zoom in on that pic you can see it.
This part that supports the 48 volt cables would be on the front on the 48 battery skid plate.
Since the pictures are only from the rear of that battery skid plate that part can't be seen.

I have the 2door and I know there is a problem with this support with Metal Cloak and Kevin there is researching how to fix it, and I was wondering if it had been now fixed on the 4 door? it currently is not fixed on the 2 door. The part can NOT be reused because it does not fit, with either the 2 door or the 4 door, as it hangs down too low. It was off by a good 1" inch. Unless your plates are 1" lower?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Dan from Next Venture told me (when I was talking to him on my Skid system) that they had just installed a system on the 392. Don't know any more than this. . . But give him a call.
Will do!

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
This part that supports the 48 volt cables would be on the front on the 48 battery skid plate.
Since the pictures are only from the rear of that battery skid plate that part can't be seen.

I have the 2door and I know there is a problem with this support with Metal Cloak and Kevin there is researching how to fix it, and I was wondering if it had been now fixed on the 4 door? it currently is not fixed on the 2 door. The part can NOT be reused because it does not fit, with either the 2 door or the 4 door, as it hangs down too low. It was off by a good 1" inch. Unless your plates are 1" lower?
are you not referring to this piece?
Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it 4B840F32-A298-4B56-AE9C-1EBCC5F53E2F

the same part on mine from a different angle:
Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it 8C894B9A-E9F7-4A54-AA08-6F05172C0F58

Sponsored

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
are you not referring to this piece?

the same part on mine from a different angle:

No the part # is mopar part 68292475AB and it looks like a letter "C"
It normally goes from the cables down the the OEM transfer case skid plate.

These are pick's from the Metal Cloak skid plate setup on my JL Rubicon with 3.6 eTorque.

metal-cloak-01.jpg

metal-cloak-02.jpg

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
This is what the OEM part 68292475AB looks like

The hole is so you can disconnect the part from the 48 volt cables steel crimp.
A bolt goes through the hole and attaches this plate to the brace on the cables.
The lower prongs on the plate slide in the bolts for the OEM transfer case skid plate.

The OEM Skid plate uses this part to brace the 48 volt battery cables.

Click here and look at item #3
https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-bracket-68292475ac

Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it part-02

Last edited:

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Man you got me. I’ve been rolling around under here for 15 minutes and don’t see where something like that is, or could go. I’ve got the 2.0t but I wouldn’t think it would be any different than yours.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
If you have the JLUD then look somewhere else on the Artec side, over a year of 1 more month and just heard that it's another 2 months out. I honestly don't think they even have one in production or it's so far down on the list that they may never get to it. MetalCloak and Rusty's both looked good. Artec looks like the best one out there but its the union on the diesels.
That is why I went with the metal cloak skids. I take mine out in the rocks way to much to wait for those skids.

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

FYI, RH4x4 took about 2 months from order to shipment for my aluminum bellypan.
Sponsored