Sponsored

If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

that option would add about $250k. The bean counters nixed it.
Well, the option I chose to go with my Jeep has cost me well over $250k over the last 28 years and does not have as flat of a belly (neither do I). Maybe I can gain a bit more clearance with that option and break even if I keep it another 28 years.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the eTorque skid on yours? I have the MC full underbelly system and their eTorque skid comes in contact with my rear drive shaft. They had the only kit available for the eTorque when I purchased it. It is HEAVY and I may swap it out.
Is it safe to assume that you still have the large diameter factory rear drive shaft? If so, a smaller diameter and stronger shaft from adams or je reel should fix that clearance issue and provide other obvious benefits.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Where can I get that option for my Jeep? I have the same color JLUR and so it would go really nice with mine as well.
It's a Yummy Offroad Performance product. I have their limb risers. The fit and finish is extraordinary!
Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it Screenshot_20210610-185445_resized_resized

Sponsored

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Beautiful install!

I went with the RH4x4 aluminum system, also very easy to install.
Choice in part because Artec told me I needed an extra (1.5") lift on my stock Rubicon to work with their system. I wanted to keep it simpler tho you get a bit more clearance.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso

JLSarge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Sarge Green
3) The Rusty's cover even more (so it should be even worse in this regard) its regularly 110+ in Phoenix and I haven't had any over heating issues. Temps are about the same as before I had any skid plates.
Is
3) The Rusty's cover even more (so it should be even worse in this regard) its regularly 110+ in Phoenix and I haven't had any over heating issues. Temps are about the same as before I had any skid plates.
You have the E-torque as well? I have Rusty's on order for my 3.6L e-torque. Doing in my driveway as well. Was the install of the tank skid pretty easy? Did you remove the tank? They state you dont have too so wondering. Thanks!

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is

You have the E-torque as well? I have Rusty's on order for my 3.6L e-torque. Doing in my driveway as well. Was the install of the tank skid pretty easy? Did you remove the tank? They state you dont have too so wondering. Thanks!
Hey @JLSarge, I have the 2.0 but did the gas tank skid (with Next Venture). Did it in my driveway. It was tight, but do-able. (I didn't jack the jeep at all). The trick was the following:
- Have fuel tank as absolutely empty as possible for weight.
- loosen up all the bolts but don't take them out.
- Disconnect wire connectors to skid on front (top area) and rear of tank.
- Work ratcheting tie-down straps under the tank (between skid and tank). Note, I had to do both from the front. Doing from the back was impossible.
- About 1/3 the way down the tank I ran into a metal strap that attached the skid to the tank by going around it. After screwing with this for a while, I ended up just grinding it off.

I only got one strap about 1/2 the way to the back and the other that was close to the front. But they held the tank fine.

I added some very dense foam both above the tank and on the cross member provided by Next Venture to keep the gas tank from "bouncing around."

The stock skid just barley fit under the jeep to drag it out. . . but it did fit.

Anyway, ended up not being a big deal all in all. (I was way more nervous about it than it needed to be.). But, took more time than I thought it would.

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2.0t etorque and had a shop with a lift do the tank skid. From everything I read, the tank has to be dropped to swap out that skid plate.
Also, if you're not lifted, only install the passenger bracket for the engine skid, the driver side will hit the drive shaft.
I liked the Rusty Skid system, but this is why I didn't do it. . . I'm not lifted and not planning on lifting. Feels like a great design, but they need to fix this issue. . . . Others obviously have.

JLSarge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2.0t etorque and had a shop with a lift do the tank skid. From everything I read, the tank has to be dropped to swap out that skid plate.
Also, if you're not lifted, only install the passenger bracket for the engine skid, the driver side will hit the drive shaft.
Thanks! Bummer they don't have a better engine bracket design.

JLSarge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @JLSarge, I have the 2.0 but did the gas tank skid (with Next Venture). Did it in my driveway. It was tight, but do-able. (I didn't jack the jeep at all). The trick was the following:
- Have fuel tank as absolutely empty as possible for weight.
- loosen up all the bolts but don't take them out.
- Disconnect wire connectors to skid on front (top area) and rear of tank.
- Work ratcheting tie-down straps under the tank (between skid and tank). Note, I had to do both from the front. Doing from the back was impossible.
- About 1/3 the way down the tank I ran into a metal strap that attached the skid to the tank by going around it. After screwing with this for a while, I ended up just grinding it off.

I only got one strap about 1/2 the way to the back and the other that was close to the front. But they held the tank fine.

I added some very dense foam both above the tank and on the cross member provided by Next Venture to keep the gas tank from "bouncing around."

The stock skid just barley fit under the jeep to drag it out. . . but it did fit.

Anyway, ended up not being a big deal all in all. (I was way more nervous about it than it needed to be.). But, took more time than I thought it would.
Good information.. I was hoping the use of a couple of straps and an empty tank would work! I plan on taking my time so no rush if need be! Thanks!

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it safe to assume that you still have the large diameter factory rear drive shaft? If so, a smaller diameter and stronger shaft from adams or je reel should fix that clearance issue and provide other obvious benefits.
I went with the Next Venture eTorque skid. It's working great. No contact with the stock drive shaft. It's also very light at 7.5 lbs. . . .

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Cost to value ratio. Those who would really get value out of this are in the minority. Most wrangler buyers never take it off road. Couple buddies of mine have wranglers and they’re appalled that I do… their wrangler is too precious for that!
I ‘m sure you have great friends but you might want to find some other buddies who live in your world.
Sponsored