Sponsored

If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Artec claims the gas tank, tranny and oil pan skids only weigh 10 lbs more than the stock steel skids (which are removed) then another 5 lbs for the etorque battery (stock etorque skid is retained)
Is that the eTorque skid on yours? I have the MC full underbelly system and their eTorque skid comes in contact with my rear drive shaft. They had the only kit available for the eTorque when I purchased it. It is HEAVY and I may swap it out.

OP
OP
Vinman

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Is that the eTorque skid on yours? I have the MC full underbelly system and their eTorque skid comes in contact with my rear drive shaft. They had the only kit available for the eTorque when I purchased it. It is HEAVY and I may swap it out.
Yeah, that is the etorque skid. It bolts directly under the factory skid using nuserts.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Why don't they come this way from the factory?
Because it’d cost $2000 more and a lot of Jeep owners will never see the underside, much less drag it on anything. They wouldn’t want to pay for it. Rightly so. It’s mostly for people who go in the rocks.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Vert nice set @Vinman, wish mine were only 15 lbs but covers what I wanted and fun to DIY :)

Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it IMG_0646.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it IMG_0650.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it IMG_0652.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL If there’s a sexier JL belly out there I haven't seen it IMG_0655.JPG

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Do you have the Etorque motor, it kind of looks like you do with that driver side rear skid plate.

Does that manufacture have a bracket to hold up the cables on the front of the 48 volt battery?
You re-use the factory piece that supports the cooling lines to the battery. If you zoom in on that pic you can see it.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Where can I get that option for my Jeep? I have the same color JLUR and so it would go really nice with mine as well.
it'd be the most expensive option. and no warranty.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The skid plates look very nice. Great job.

I saw a video with a Jeep engineer and he was asked about additional skid plates. He defended the production JL by saying:

1.) Additional skid plates are not necessary as the production Jeep has all of the critical parts protected with the factory skid plates.

2.) Addition skid plates add extra mass and affect fuel economy and GVWR.

3.) Addition skid plates affect the heat dissipation of the engine, transmission, transfer case, exhaust, ect.

I wheel, but I don't do anything crazy. I decided not to add any additional skid plates and see what happens. If something gets damaged, I will then do whatever I need to do to prevent reoccurance. So far, so good, with just the production skids.
Yeah tell that to my exhaust pipe

Sponsored

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Cost to value ratio. Those who would really get value out of this are in the minority. Most wrangler buyers never take it off road. Couple buddies of mine have wranglers and they’re appalled that I do… their wrangler is too precious for that!

Last edited:

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Yeah tell that to my exhaust pipe
I’ve wheeled monthly at Raush creek and AOAA in PA which are both rock terrain off-road parks. Only thing I’ve done is change my diff covers to ARB. I’m still using the stock skid plates and have had no issues in the 2 years I’ve had my JLU. It’s all about the line you choose. I have a ton of scrapes and small dents on the skids but nothing I wouldn’t expect playing on rocks.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I’ve wheeled monthly at Raush creek and AOAA in PA which are both rock terrain off-road parks. Only thing I’ve done is change my diff covers to ARB. I’m still using the stock skid plates and have had no issues in the 2 years I’ve had my JLU. It’s all about the line you choose. I have a ton of scrapes and small dents on the skids but nothing I wouldn’t expect playing on rocks.
well I dont know about PA never wheeled there before. but here out west if you are doing difficult trails it is just a matter of time before you hurt something. The stock skid system is great. but the crossmember gets hang on rocks and the exhaust pipe is way too exposed in certain areas that take hits. no matter if you pick the right line or not. nothing guarantees you that you wont lose traction and fall of your line and thats all it takes.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

because that would add $100 to the cost od the vehicle.

i like my $500 steel skid plate. At least the extra weight is in the best possible place. Its a nice looking kit. Love nice aluminum products.

does this kit cover the exhuast loop?

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL