Sponsored

If the standard option was a fixed windshield would you pay an extra $100 for a folding windshield

If the standard option was a fixed windshield would you pay an extra $100 for a folding windshield?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I've heard the power retractable top is not removable
What if the power retractable top is not retractable to go back into a closed position during the rain ? You open it , and never close it . lol
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
FE33D325-2A88-41B2-919F-953FCDBCF27E.jpeg

There is nothing like driving down the road in a full size auto with the wind in your face. Makes me want to order a pair of flying goggles. It does look kind of goofy folded onto the hood, but you can easily remove it entirely with an extra two bolts at the hinges.
I will warn you though, after about 50-55 mph you better have it tied down or the windshield will "reapply itself" to the tune of you $hitting your pants. Ask me how I know. Although nothing was damaged, surprisingly, it's not an experience I plan to repeat.
To answer your question, yes I'd pay for it. Will be very cool on the trail.
Very very funny !

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
FE33D325-2A88-41B2-919F-953FCDBCF27E.jpeg
I just folded my windshield down for the first time yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've owned a TJ and a JK and never folded it down, but it was so easy on the JL and I had everything else removed so I figured why not.

There is nothing like driving down the road in a full size auto with the wind in your face. Makes me want to order a pair of flying goggles. It does look kind of goofy folded onto the hood, but you can easily remove it entirely with an extra two bolts at the hinges.

I will warn you though, after about 50-55 mph you better have it tied down or the windshield will "reapply itself" to the tune of you $hitting your pants. Ask me how I know. Although nothing was damaged, surprisingly, it's not an experience I plan to repeat.

To answer your question, yes I'd pay for it. Will be very cool on the trail.
The velcro straps didn't hold up at those speeds?

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Even though I'll probably never use it, if it was just a $100 option, I'd still get it.

If it was like $300+ then I'd probably pass since I don't see myself ever putting it down.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I don't see a purpose in folding the windshield down so no I wouldn't pay

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Eyeball wipers on your PLOW HORSE !

Whatever

JIMBO

ember_season

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Heh Heh, yeah--wave to me as you go by on I80--in the rain-

Whatever

JIMBO
the whatever after all of your posts is really annoying. I assume its you signature or profile details but I would recommend deleting it because it makes you seem like you are annoyed all the time

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
the whatever after all of your posts is really annoying. I assume its you signature or profile details but I would recommend deleting it because it makes you seem like you are annoyed all the time
NOPE--If you don't like it--complain to the management-

Since you're a NEWBY, develop a system of NON-READ FOR MY POSTS and you won't be annoyed-

WHATEVER

JIMBO

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I am very confident that a lot of will pay $100
In exchange for not taking the feature of windshield folding
And $100 others so they do not see those removable peaks!

Jeep Wrangler should broaden its outlook and be comprehensive,
Millions of people live in areas with extreme climate (intermittent dust storms, continuous rain, etc.)

These people are looking for their priorities.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Protip. If you click on the username and click ignore you’ll never see their posts again.

Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
@JIMBOX don't read this!

With that disclaimer, you can ignore the username, but Jimbo actually gives a lot of good advice on these forums. He knows what he's talking about, and if you accept the "whatever," you'll get a lot out of his posts. So, with that said...

WHATEVER

ROSS

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
With the current design, no. If I didn't have to unscrew anything and just pull a giant lever on each side, then yes. I would pay out the ass for that.
Or you can drop $3,000 for an old CJ which has just those 2 levers you speak of. I drop mine all the time in the Summer sitting at traffic lights on my '75. Not great on the freeway but nice running around town.
I have used the fold-down windowshield on a 1966 Jeep. It was great fun and experience, especially when driving slow on snowy mountain trails. I just hope somebody adds some after market parts to make the effort quicker.
Yep. Easy-breezy on my '75 too.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I’ve never seen anyone drop their windshield. Not even sure it’s legal. Perhaps on country roads or rural communities but I doubt that flies in a big city such NYC. Not that I’d want even my windows down in that smog.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Couldn't care less about the windshield folding.

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I am fascinated that so many people are willing to let go of the folding windshield. Jeep goes to great lengths to keep this feature and that’s especially the on the JL. Maybe this is more more valued by us in temperate climates like Southern California, especially in the desert. I would be so bummed if it wasn’t available. Plus it’s a great heritage feature.
Sponsored