Sponsored

If the Rubicon is taller, is it because of the wheels only?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I ask because if it's because of the suspension too then that 2" mopar lift, which can I assume is for all jeeps, is not really a 2" lift. Depending on what model you put it on.

Edit: I mean is it because of the TIRES only.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
We don't know if the springs give any lift or if there are any other changes in the suspension, without looking closely or seeing the specs, so I'm not sure anyone knows yet if there is anything other than tires making the Rubicon taller.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I believe, when the JL was announced, there would be an additional 1” lift over the other Wrangler models for the Rubicon. I know I read it somewhere, but that doesn’t mean it’s a reality. A lot of stuff was conjectured but never happened.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I'm pretty sure the Rubicon Hard rock and Recon had different springs to make it about an inch higher. May be the same with the JL Rubicon but who knows.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the Rubicon Hard rock and Recon had different springs to make it about an inch higher. May be the same with the JL Rubicon but who knows.
I think the taller springs on the hard rock were more for the weight of the bumpers. Putting them on a JK without the heavy steel bumpers would give you a slight lift. Just like putting 4dr springs on a 2dr would lift it. Even the hardtops have different spring rates in the rear than the soft tops .

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I know for a fact that the Recon sits an inch higher than other JKs
Sponsored