Sponsored

If I get a stock bumper with recovery hooks from the US will anything go wrong?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
In the photo the white Jeep is a Sport in U.S. Note the recovery hooks. The Mojito Jeep is mine. No recovery hooks.

I have learnt that I can order a stock standard US style bumper with recovery hooks from the US and have it installed here.

Is there anything that might go wrong?

Jeep Wrangler JL If I get a stock bumper with recovery hooks from the US will anything go wrong? Tow
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I would think not. It is a simple installation. There frame of the JL is most likely the same for US domestic and overseas markets.

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Considering the cost of getting a standard sport plastic bumper shipped from the US it may be an option to look at something like the Smartbar. You can then either add their tow points (not sure if they're rated recovery points), or look at adding different recovery points. I quite like the look of it compared to the standard Jeep park bench mounted to the front.

https://smartbar.com.au/vehicles/jeep/jeep-jl-wrangler/

https://smartbar.com.au/site/wp-con...-JL-and-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-19-StealthBar-D.pdf

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
It'll work fine, it's just a plastic version of our Rubicon steel bars, might be worth looking for a local one though maybe see if anyone is getting rid of the Rubicon bar here since it is steel.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I don't think there will be any problem. But if you want to replace the stock bumper, maybe consider the rubicon bumper.
Sponsored