Sponsored

If I currently only have a soft top and want to purchase a hard top...

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
  • Banned
If I currently have a soft top and want to purchase a hard top after market, will the rear wiper not work? Same for rear defrost?
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If I currently have a soft top and want to purchase a hard top after market, will the rear wiper not work? Same for rear defrost?
I think there is a parts kit to allow you to run the line for the washer and the wires for electrical connections.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ajasper6579

Unfortunately, it is just not that easy to plop a hard top on a Wrangler that was manufactured / left the factory with a soft top.

You will need to buy a Mopar kit... think it called a hard top kit (Cost = $180+-) and have it installed. There is a different mast that has the wiper controls that replaces your old mast. You have defroster & wiper stuff, hard top mounting hardware, other wiring and more. Yes, doable but will cost you $.

Note: To my knowledge, the hard top wiring kit and hardware needed are not yet avail. to order from Mopar.

Phynal

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU HR
On the JK, you needed a wiring harness, a washer fluid hose extension, a replacement steering column stick that included the rear wiper/washer control, and a dealer flash for the computer (otherwise the washer arm would not return to the "home" position when used).

I can't imagine it will be any easier on the JL.
Sponsored