Sponsored

If Chinese company buys Jeep, will Wrangler be affected?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the gang sign is for VAG...

unpimp-the-auto.jpg
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I wonder what the gang sign is for VAG...

OMG, I forgot that one , it was ridiculously brilliant !!

I have to say, if for nothing else VAG and Jeep getting together would be combining two of the best marketed brands out there.

They wouldn't even really have to change VW-Audi's acronym much either, just make it VAJ by dropping the 'group' from the name and replacing it with Jeep.

Thau

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former KJ owner
Buying Jeep would take away sales from existing products made by cross town rivals. Jeep alone is the only thing of real value in terms of brand. Dodge and Chrysler would be shuttered

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I think most people realize that Chrysler/Jeep has had many owners over the years. But there's something different about the Chinese owning it. They are masters of copying designs and building replicas of things cheaply with low quality. They are known worldwide as the kings of making big profits off of mass production, not quality. They already clone the Wrangler, the Polaris RZR machines, and many other offroad vehicles. They are just in a different league when it comes to industry and production, and the thought of a Jeep being owned by the Chinese is somewhat sickening.

Fortunately, there will be a great supply of JK and JL models on the market for years to come.

As for Jeep being the only worthwhile brand under the FCA umbrella... that's a lie. Dodge is outselling Ford and GM both with their version of the muscle car that's been on the market for 10 years now, while Ford and GM both have brand new entries in the segment. And Ram now outsells Chevrolet in the full size truck segment month to month. FCA as a whole is made up of very successful brands. The reason for this is because they've let the American arm in Detroit do exactly what people want to see...which is how we ended up with a 840 horsepower Challenger with factory warranty, a Jeep pickup in the works, a half-ton Ram with a diesel engine option, etc. FCA is doing what Chrysler has done since the 1930s....innovate. Give the people what they want. If the Chinese buy Jeep, you can kiss those days goodbye. They'll run it into the ground.

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
You should put this rant on linked in, then apply for a job at FCA. :clap::rock::like:

:jk:

Thau

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former KJ owner
As for Jeep being the only worthwhile brand under the FCA umbrella... that's a lie. Dodge is outselling Ford and GM both with their version of the muscle car that's been on the market for 10 years now, while Ford and GM both have brand new entries in the segment.
According to this website, the Mustang has been outselling both Camaro and Challenger since 2015.
http://motrolix.com/automotive-sale...t-camaro-vs-ford-mustang-vs-dodge-challenger/

And Ram now outsells Chevrolet in the full size truck segment month to month. FCA as a whole is made up of very successful brands. The reason for this is because they've let the American arm in Detroit do exactly what people want to see...which is how we ended up with a 840 horsepower Challenger with factory warranty, a Jeep pickup in the works, a half-ton Ram with a diesel engine option, etc. FCA is doing what Chrysler has done since the 1930s....innovate. Give the people what they want. If the Chinese buy Jeep, you can kiss those days goodbye. They'll run it into the ground.
Ram does outsell Chevrolet and GMC when they are combined but the market would survive without RAM as people would just buy from Toyota, Nissan, Ford or GM.

WSJ sales break down: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
According to this website, the Mustang has been outselling both Camaro and Challenger since 2015.
http://motrolix.com/automotive-sale...t-camaro-vs-ford-mustang-vs-dodge-challenger/

Ram does outsell Chevrolet and GMC when they are combined but the market would survive without RAM as people would just buy from Toyota, Nissan, Ford or GM.

WSJ sales break down: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html
You could say that about any truck brand, then. My point is that saying Jeep is the only brand that has worth to FCA is a lie.

Also: https://artofgears.com/2017/07/07/dodge-challenger-ford-mustang-chevrolet-camaro-sales/

Conrad1216

First Name
conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
With news that Chinese companies are interested in buying FCA makes me think if Jeeps and Wranglers in particular might be affected?

Hopefully they'd leave well enough alone and not change up anything considering Jeep and the Wrangler is the cashcow for the company!
Great stuff! But on a more serious topic. Why isn't there any outrage about the possibility of the Chinese buying Fiat Chrysler? They are currently in talks with management. Why is this so hush hush? The better to get a quick deal before the outrage finally hits the fan? By that time it will be too late. Communist Jeep. Kinda warms your heart doesn't it?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Wow, I just realized in the most popular Chinese TV drama right now, all the lead characters drive Jeeps ranging from Compass to Wranglers.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Great stuff! But on a more serious topic. Why isn't there any outrage about the possibility of the Chinese buying Fiat Chrysler? They are currently in talks with management. Why is this so hush hush? The better to get a quick deal before the outrage finally hits the fan? By that time it will be too late. Communist Jeep. Kinda warms your heart doesn't it?
Please stop posting the exact same thing in multiple threads - that’s a good way to annoy the heck out of people

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Boy I sure hope no boy I sure hope notThink of it this way look at Land river
Sponsored