Sponsored

If anyone had doubts about partial frontal collisions with a wrangler...

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
I have “valeur a neuf” in my assurance policy. That mean if the car is declare “Total” It will be replace by a new one of equal value.
And the part for repare will be the original new parts.
I try to have the frame change for a new frame, but they wouldn't. Knowing it is damage at both end! They treat the frame as a assemble part, assemble by welding. So, my old frame will have some new extremity.
If you wander how they will repair the frame (Procedure for JK’s, didn’t find JL’s, but...):

5E23EB73-803D-4078-BB86-7CD268D99052.jpeg

1865B82E-F3B9-4E96-8B3E-51D638C18700.jpeg

C3D74880-7803-47A0-95F2-ADD0056A00E8.jpeg

4B6E4EAB-3C31-4601-82D0-2F1B6BDA818B.jpeg

B1696C57-2DC1-4C92-A40A-9E2D45D88B32.jpeg

13DB3888-6FD8-40C7-BD87-D78FC6524A3F.jpeg

A5BEF22C-BF44-4640-9C70-CFB8E6FA2B4B.jpeg

2EFD6738-3E69-4695-BEC6-0844DC2260D0.jpeg

9B12958C-2D7F-48AD-A5DE-E46D288D58B7.jpeg
Sponsored

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
25 MPH?

Ok thats it I am buying a metal bumper. I have to install the rubi suspension first though ughhhh.

I was looking for metal bumper! My old JK’s or not a perfect fit. The rear bumper could hold by the rear cross member but would have to be modify to bolt to the frame. And they don’t have the hole for parking spacer in the back and fog light in the front.

OP
OP
Oakwolf

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
As for my case, they're almost done apparently. Rustproofing and 3M front grille is all that remains i believe.

Can't wait.

They gave us an Acura RDX for the while...my wife really prefers the wrangler. So do i but i expected her to enjoy the comfort a bit more.

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
As for my case, they're almost done apparently. Rustproofing and 3M front grille is all that remains i believe.

Can't wait.

They gave us an Acura RDX for the while...my wife really prefers the wrangler. So do i but i expected her to enjoy the comfort a bit more.
The insurance let me choose witch car to rent, but , I have 1500$ limit. So I choose a small car, a chevy Cruse. I do appreciate my Jeep more and more!

OP
OP
Oakwolf

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
In any case, the work is done and the Green Weevil has returned home at last.

It arrived home and i instantly removed the soft top to put the hard top...1hr after that, the first snowstorm of the year came in...that was close :)

Driving a wrangler is so different than an Acura RDX....after five weeks it convinced the whole family we made the right choice of vehicle....now about resisting that diesel sarge green....

Sponsored

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
In any case, the work is done and the Green Weevil has returned home at last.

It arrived home and i instantly removed the soft top to put the hard top...1hr after that, the first snowstorm of the year came in...that was close :)

Driving a wrangler is so different than an Acura RDX....after five weeks it convinced the whole family we made the right choice of vehicle....now about resisting that diesel sarge green....
Mind is done to, I got a call today. There is still a ABS light in the dash. The body repair shop ask me if I wanted it, and I would have to go to the dealer with it. Or if, I wanted then to take care of it. So I told them to take care of it. It less trouble for me, time and bill to send to the insurance...ect.

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
Ho ! I got an upgrade! I both the front steel bumper. The insurance paid for the plastic one, but there were ok with me paying for the extra.
So I got the steel bumper at the insurance cost ( they have good price Mopar retail is 1900$, the dealer wanted 1500$ and the body shop got it at 1100$. This minus 450 for the plastic and 90$ for the backup plate. So around 560$ +tx for me to pay, for the bumper. The body shop didn’t ask me and ordered the skid plate to! so 960$ total. I am happy with that.

OP
OP
Oakwolf

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Very interesting pictures...they do have to disassemble a lot of things.

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
Yes, it is quite a job. I cost 10000$ and lasted 4 week. Now it look new again and have steel bumper.

C20641EB-5724-407F-ABD8-E11E39ABFF7E.jpeg

FB5973D1-94DC-40FE-A102-D2F6DE7FA046.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oakwolf

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
Outstanding, mine looked as new as well where repaired. Well, that means our Green Weevils are on the road again. Safe winter to you.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I don't have any pictures yet (and couldn't take any myself), and i know that would get this thread more interesting for you folks, but in any case...

The street lights down where i live were offline today, and the highway had a 4 way stop active (so i-go-you-go). We were back on our wedding anniversary...200m from the house, when it was my turn to cross...a woman in a red car (small 20k buick iirc) apparently didn't see it was a stop sign (even though the other lanes were all stopped) and rammed headfirst into the jeep at highway speed into the left half of the bumper (steel).

The shock was loud, and strong and i was spun around 90 degrees as she crash coursed along the highway about 100 feet further. The bags popped, and my face got the bag on the nose...but otherwise, me and the wife got nothing but a bit of a headache (which is a bit logical given the airbags speed). The medics came in and were amazed at how solid the jeep was...the other car was completely wrecked and the woman carried away by ambulance, i've honestly no idea how serious her injuries was.

The police told me to drive the jeep off the highway, and that's about it for us. I decided (for insurance purposes) to have the jeep inspected in depth because we never know what damage could be lying under there, but we are safe and sound, and not in a hospital...and we'll still get to celebrate our wedding anniversary tonight.

I know cars are supposed to crump and all, but...after what i saw today, i can't help but think that any "soft" car would have been much worse.

Stay safe guys

Edit: here are some pictures. In retrospect, the impact was obviously angled, not full frontal, otherwise the other car wouldn't have "slided" on the bumper as it did. Still impressive to me.

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6280.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG
So sorry to hear about your accident. I saw later in your posting that you have your Jeep repaired now. Not sure how the insurance works in Canada, but you will also want to file a "Diminished Value" or "Loss of Value" claim with the insurance company. Even though your girl has been repaired, it has some diminished value because of the wreck. This will fall back on YOU whenever you sell or trade it in later on.

Also... get checked out by a chiropractor! I see it in my office all of the time. Someone comes in with a history of being in a motor vehicle accident like 5-20 years ago and NOW they are having major issues that can be chronologically confirmed on their x-rays. You do NOT want to be grabbing your neck or back 15 years from now and saying... "it's never been the same since I got hit back in 2019." Chiropractic is the ONLY healthcare profession that really addresses all aspects of assessing and correcting biomechanical issues related to injuries from auto accidents. Good luck my friend!
Sponsored