Sponsored

If a dealer has an allocation - then how long does it take to get a 392?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
So if I want to pay a little more so I can have said unit, I should just follow said protocol and adhere to a strict cost guideline and not purchase??? On the flip side, if someone comes up and offers me $15K more for my 392 (if I was selling it) than I paid for it I am supposed to refuse it???

I understand the theory behind the thought process of avoiding higher costs, but it isn't going to ever happen. Always going to be someone out there willing to pay more. And someone willing to charge more. It's called capitalism.

Sam
No that’s not at all what we’re saying, lol. Maybe your comment was directed at something else that I missed, though.

Your points are entirely valid but many on this forum don’t realize they can avoid paying sticker or above. Some because they don’t know where to look and others because the allocation required statements may not be true. Dealers don’t even seem to realize this, which I suppose isn’t surprising.

Anyway — that’s where the “should” came from — for those who think they’re forced into paying and may not realize the options that exist.
Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
No that’s not at all what we’re saying, lol. Maybe your comment was directed at something else that I missed, though.

Your points are entirely valid but many on this forum don’t realize they can avoid paying sticker or above. Some because they don’t know where to look and others because the allocation required statements may not be true. Dealers don’t even seem to realize this, which I suppose isn’t surprising.

Anyway — that’s where the “should” came from — for those who think they’re forced into paying and may not realize the options that exist.
I suppose a lot has to do with how bad one wants said product. I wanted my 392 and did not want to wait.

Sam

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose a lot has to do with how bad one wants said product. I wanted my 392 and did not want to wait.

Sam
Agreed! I totally get it. I just am patient as I have other vehicles to drive and wanted to wait anyway once I heard the Xtreme package was coming. So I had to wait no matter what.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Longer than an allocation, at least at my dealer. My 4/9 MSRP non allocation order showed up in 100 days while 2 of their December allocations haven't shown up.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Longer than an allocation, at least at my dealer. My 4/9 MSRP non allocation order showed up in 100 days while 2 of their December allocations haven't shown up.
Ha! That’s even crazier

Sponsored

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
To get scheduled, not ordered. They can order it ( sold order ) without an allocation and will even get a VIN. Doesn’t mean it goes to D1, though. It may sit in D until it gets cancelled. Time will tell if orders without allocations get built. No guarantees though Peterson seems to think it’ll get built.

I originally thought if the order gets picked up from BA status and goes to D and gets a VIN, it must be built before end of the model year. But apparently they can just cancel the order even once a VIN is assigned.
Interesting commentary. Thank you for sharing.

It would be interesting to see if Jeep were willing to outright cancel custom build orders due to (lack of) allocation. I can't think of an easier way to destroy brand equity. That consumer may be done as a FCA customer forever.

That said. Automakers aren't always kind or rational.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting commentary. Thank you for sharing.

It would be interesting to see if Jeep were willing to outright cancel custom build orders due to (lack of) allocation. I can't think of an easier way to destroy brand equity. That consumer may be done as a FCA customer forever.

That said. Automakers aren't always kind or rational.
Agreed. I did find some evidence of canceled orders but it wasn’t related to allocation. Going to dig some more.

For now I’m not confident either way but I figure having two orders in — one which is drastically more discounted than the other, can’t hurt. Both were optioned a way that they’d sell immediately anyway.

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
I ordered a 392 on 6/3 at a dealer without an allocation (in AZ, not one of the special ones), and the next day they told me the order was accepted, gave me the VIN and VON.

I was curious what the Scheduling Priority was, if they would put it on the back burner until all the allocation orders were completed. But looking back now I see that the order was Scheduling Priority 1 - Sold Order, with Build Priority = 1 from the Priced Order Confirmation I received on 6/4. So to me it looks like there is no distinction if they accept the order... I'm thinking I should have it sometime early Sep based on what I'm seeing.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a 392 on 6/3 at a dealer without an allocation (in AZ, not one of the special ones), and the next day they told me the order was accepted, gave me the VIN and VON.

I was curious what the Scheduling Priority was, if they would put it on the back burner until all the allocation orders were completed. But looking back now I see that the order was Scheduling Priority 1 - Sold Order, with Build Priority = 1 from the Priced Order Confirmation I received on 6/4. So to me it looks like there is no distinction if they accept the order... I'm thinking I should have it sometime early Sep based on what I'm seeing.
That’s great news as well. It would be weird to require an allocation anyway — considering they released the Xtreme package for the 392 after allocations were already gone! I doubt they’d limit the orders to two dealers and that’s it.

But man talk about FCA not being forthright to dealers. This seemingly incorrect information is certainly driving markup.

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
That’s great news as well. It would be weird to require an allocation anyway — considering they released the Xtreme package for the 392 after allocations were already gone! I doubt they’d limit the orders to two dealers and that’s it.

But man talk about FCA not being forthright to dealers. This seemingly incorrect information is certainly driving markup.
I'm guessing FCA changed policy without telling anyone. Dealership was as surprised as I was.

Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I can tell you that allocation is key for dealers, if you understood allocations you would know that dealers can only order so many units of each models of say, Wranglers. First assembly plants are geared up to manufacture so many unit over the next years and that will be given to dealers on there last year sales numbers, so a dealer can not just order all the units he wants and expect to get them, it just doesn't work that way. When I ordered my 2017 Wrangler 2dr. the SM looked on his allocation sheet to see if he had an opening for a 2dr Willys and he said he had two openings for 2dr and that model. He did say that if he didn't have a slot to order that model he would have to wait till he got an opening from Jeep to order one. This being said this is why some get there order sooner then others as your SM may not tell you that he has to wait to place your order when he has an opening to do so. This is why many orders go into D status and don't move as it's waiting for the dealers allocation slot to open. Remember the assembly plant can only build so many vehicles and each dealer has limit of what they can order and many times it down to certain models. It's like this, is your dealership telling you straight up, or are the telling you something you want to here, believe me, they know what they can do and what they can't.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
My dealer has this 392 built and in “I” that is not sold as buyer backed out and placed a different order. Showing ship date of 7/30 I believe. Can get at MSRP. PM me if interested and I will give you contact info for person that handles the 392’s. Glad to help if I can!

Jeep Wrangler JL If a dealer has an allocation - then how long does it take to get a 392? 1627495985769

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
My dealer didn't have any allocations left when I ordered my 392 on May 19th. Got my VIN and VON within a couple of days. Just got my build sheet on July 23rd. Waiting on my window sticker. Built ready for inspection and shipping.
Any word yet on shipping?

OP
OP
Love6MT

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I got a lot of different responses from different dealers about this in the end I went with a dealer that had an allocation the order was excepted I hope to have my 392 soon.

One (large) dealer told me that they could not get any more after their initial allocations - other dealer said they would put it in and see what happens. One dealer said they only got one allocation (small dealer).

In the end, with my hunting and research, I felt most comfortable finding a dealer with an allocation. Thanks for replies.
Sponsored