Identify Lift vs Oversized Tires

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I am looking at a used JLU Sahara. It has aftermarket wheels and tires for sure, and I'd want to return it to the stock sahara look. How can I tell if it just has the oversized wheels/tires vs a lift kit? And if it's lifted, how hard is it to return it to stock?

If this helps...
Jeep Wrangler JL Identify Lift vs Oversized Tires 2018-jeep-wrangler-sahara-bright-white-clearcoat-8
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Those Fox shocks look like they are from the Mopar lift kit.

It's not too difficult to return to stock if you have the time & skills... basically the same steps as installing a lift kit. I would consider finding someone with a stock Sahara that you can trade parts with, maybe they'll even do the work for free if you give them the parts.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Those Fox shocks look like they are from the Mopar lift kit.

It's not too difficult to return to stock if you have the time & skills... basically the same steps as installing a lift kit. I would consider finding someone with a stock Sahara that you can trade parts with, maybe they'll even do the work for free if you give them the parts.
Yep, I'm sure you'd have a line of folks wanting to trade their stock suspension for that Fox equipped lift. Are you sure you want to do that though, should ride pretty well as-is, or are you not liking the additional height??
FWIW, those are nice tires too, looks like they didn't cut corners there :like:

OP
OP
OldManKnees

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Yep, I'm sure you'd have a line of folks wanting to trade their stock suspension for that Fox equipped lift. Are you sure you want to do that though, should ride pretty well as-is, or are you not liking the additional height??
FWIW, those are nice tires too, looks like they didn't cut corners there :like:
Thanks for the insight. Yes, I’m not a fan of the additional height, and overall the look is not what we’re going for... my preference is the stock look of the Sahara.