Sponsored

Ideas on how to get rid of amber colored turn signals..

martinhayrap

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sting-Gray
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a pair of Rubi fenders with daytime running LEDS for my Sport Unlimited, does anyone have any idea how I can make the amber colored turn signals to clear, just love the flush look of it. I searched the forums and the best I found is people spray painting it black or having it tinted. I don't think that will look good on a Sting Gray wrangler, I would ideally want it to be clear, does anyone know of anything I can do?

2018-jeep-jl-wrangler-sahara-rubicon-front-fender-flare-swap-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That’s not the turn signal, that’s the side market light which is legally required to be amber in every state I’ve ever seen. You can darken them, by the light itself must be amber.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
That’s not the turn signal, that’s the side market light which is legally required to be amber in every state I’ve ever seen. You can darken them, by the light itself must be amber.
The ones that @EZMFE mentioned would be good - it doesn't matter what color the lens is (in this case clear), it matters what color the light is. As long as they light up amber it should be legal.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thats the whole light it self with the running light isn't it ? there is a company called Diode Dynamics that sells just the side amber piece by it self for $80. you dont nee to replace the whole running light that does. They sell a clear piece thats small just like the amber piece but its clear and a amber bulb inside will light up amber but the lens will be clear. check out www.diodedynamics.com and you will see their website its better then these one here

Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I have the sequential turn signals and the side markers. The markers are amber when lit and very bright and clear when not in use. If you look close in the photo you can see the markers.

20190406_172957.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the sequential turn signals and the side markers. The markers are amber when lit and very bright and clear when not in use. If you look close in the photo you can see the markers.

20190406_172957.jpg
How much did that cost you ? what website is that on is that just the lens cover that plugs in or is it a whole light and replaces the running light too ? What is the website can you post a link and how much was it ?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How much did that cost you ? what website is that on is that just the lens cover that plugs in or is it a whole light and replaces the running light too ? What is the website can you post a link and how much was it ?
The side marker light is separate from the DRL/turn lamp assembly, just held in place by a screw. You can get them from several sources, but the ones that seem to fit the best are from Diode Dynamics.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
The links that @EZMFE provided are where the sequential turns and the side markers are from. As @mwilk012 said, the side markers can be bought separately and are a simple 30 mins install. You can get the turn signals also separately.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The side marker light is separate from the DRL/turn lamp assembly, just held in place by a screw. You can get them from several sources, but the ones that seem to fit the best are from Diode Dynamics.
Yes that's the one I'm looking at but 70 or $80 Bratz little light Flynn's crazy because it's brand-new JL and nobody's doing it JK you can get them for twenty bucks on eBay.
JK had been around for a long time that's why parts for cheap everybody was making it.
Sponsored