snostr

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hey all,
So once the quarantine started, I needed to buy a second car and got a 2018 wrangler unlimited sahara with a soft top. I'd like to install a new bumber (full), a winch, and a light bar on the top of the windshield. My DIY experience is pretty rusty and my tools a bit limited, but I'm looking for advice on products that I could install myself, without any crazy drilling. If that's even possible. I've been all over quadratec and other sites, but its pretty hard to tell from what i'm reading what will fit easily vs. some extra work that I'm not able/willing to do. The first thing I ordered that promised to fit "no problem" doesn't fit at all.

Thanks

IMG_3142.jpg
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

LOD bumpers go on like butter. Its what you get for the $$.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,
So once the quarantine started, I needed to buy a second car and got a 2018 wrangler unlimited sahara with a soft top. I'd like to install a new bumber (full), a winch, and a light bar on the top of the windshield. My DIY experience is pretty rusty and my tools a bit limited, but I'm looking for advice on products that I could install myself, without any crazy drilling. If that's even possible. I've been all over quadratec and other sites, but its pretty hard to tell from what i'm reading what will fit easily vs. some extra work that I'm not able/willing to do. The first thing I ordered that promised to fit "no problem" doesn't fit at all.
(
Thanks
For what you're looking to add/replace, you're gonna need a good ratchet set. Most aftermarket parts don't necessarily need professional installation. The bumper/winch may be the most challenging of what you want to do, but still fairly easy. There's so much you can do on your own; comb thru this forum for what modifications owners are making. Installing additional lighting is simple, but you're gonna have to do some wiring. If you're interested in modifying suspension parts...shocks, track bars, stabilizers are just a few things that can be done on your own.

Upgrading/replacing headlights/taillights don't require much work, expertise, or special tools.

Modifications are gonna require tools; limited ain't gonna work. Impact drill, ratchet set, etc. but nothing expensive.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/set-of-tools-which-one.20899/page-3#post-1091822

We've all got time these days being isolated & all... read on. You've come to the right place...we're here to help.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/

By the way... what did you order that didn't fit?

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
LOD bumpers go on like butter. Its what you get for the $$.
Seconded, more work taking the old one off than putting the new one on and the quality is top notch
Sponsored