Sponsored

Idea when Fox will have its steering stabilizer for JL?

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What the title says. Bringing jeep in to the dealer wed about the loose steering /wandering but I'm thinking they are going to say it's a Jeep thing (even though this is my 4th wrangler and none have had this loose of steering... And yes, by tires are inflated correctly.) please no debate about it being a waste of money .
I just want to know if anyone has heard when the fox ats will be available. Anyone?
Sponsored

HeavyMetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4dr Rubicon
What the title says. Bringing jeep in to the dealer wed about the loose steering /wandering but I'm thinking they are going to say it's a Jeep thing (even though this is my 4th wrangler and none have had this loose of steering... And yes, by tires are inflated correctly.) please no debate about it being a waste of money .
I just want to know if anyone has heard when the fox ats will be available. Anyone?
Marketing guy at FOX told me they will have a full catalog of parts available soon for JL. I imagine ATS will be in that.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The STEERING STABILIZER will MASK/EASE/HIDE suspension trauma--

You can drive your WRANGLER without a stabilizer(not good idea) if your ALIGNMENT/TIRE PRESSURE/TIRE BALANCE/CASTER and IMPORTANT TOE-IN is favoring the MAX readings per SPEC-

The main reason for the stabilizer(shock absorber) is for relief from front tire(S) lateral shock--to protect the steering system and your thumbs-

After I set my CASTER/TOE-IN (JKUR)--I disconnected the STABILIZER and drove for 500 miles /w NO STEERING HUNT/WEAVE/SHIMMY-

Whatever=

JIMBO

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Marketing guy at FOX told me they will have a full catalog of parts available soon for JL. I imagine ATS will be in that.
Thx heavy!

hansolowookie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MANY JEEPS!
The steering on my JL is perfect fine tracks straight but def more solid than my previous jk's. If indeed yours is that bad then SS will not really fix that. Something is likely off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yep, I get all of this. My question was answered by HeavyMetal though. There are plenty of other threads about the reasons for it and what to do or not do about the steering.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yep, I get all of this. My question was answered by HeavyMetal though. There are plenty of other threads about the reasons for it and what to do or not do about the steering.
Great--sounds like you've got the handle--

Good luck

Whatever

JIMBO

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I understand there are a lot of threads to be found extolling the virtues of upgraded steering stabilizers, but your money is better spent elsewhere. I chuckle every time I see a rig with dual stabilizer set ups..

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Honestly, the most expensive stabilizer is only marginally better than the stock one. Just a simple Monroe from NAPA will perform exactly the same as the $400 Fox ATS...

ijeep2

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon (Sand Spider) and 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (RedCat)
FOX makes one now (through Mopar) I have it on my JLUR with 37's, it is better than stock, but not as good as the FOX ATS. I would wait for that, pricey but adjustable and the best I have seen on the last 4 JKUR's I have built. Wait for that one.

Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
cool, 3 year old thread
Sponsored