idash or scanguage

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I keep looking at both of these to monitor emissions, but I’m struggling to make a decision. Who’s running what and why? Is the idash worth nearly twice the price?
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I run the iDash because I brought it over from my old truck, I also like that it integrates with the Pedal Monster and Derringer. I have the trio but have only hooked up the iDash and Pedal Monster so far, awesome combo for the diesel. If you only want to keep an eye on things and have no desire to run any other Banks stuff, you'd be better saving money and going scangauge.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If you only want to keep an eye on things and have no desire to run any other Banks stuff, you'd be better saving money and going scangauge.
Took the words out of my mouth.

OP
OP
Grayhound

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
It’s a tough call, I have heard the pedal monster makes a big difference. In an ideal world I want to GDE tune it after warranty, but banks is a lot cheaper overall…for now I feel blind to what is happening with the emissions system.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
The Pedal Monster has been great, really improves throttle response. My MPG took a small hit because I am on it more, I get about 21 MPG around town. Ideally I would love to delete everything and be set for the long term lol! If you sign up for the Banks website, they might send you a code to save some cash on the modules. That might cool the sting some.

Sponsored

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
I have both. Down side to scan gauge is you can only monitor 4 things at once. Idash you can monitor up to 8 I believe, but I use 6. Scangauge is a lot bulker imo. I agree if you are going to do any the banks stuff in the future go idash. If money is tight go scangauge, it works. If you want some a little nicer and don’t care about the cash go idash

OP
OP
Grayhound

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I have not heard of aeroforce gauge. I’ll have to check them out

Tpsillos

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Occupation
Welding Inspector
Clubs

i sent them an email a few months ago, they said they were working on one for the diesel. they have them available for gas JLs. Ive used them in other applications, top notch gauges.