Sponsored

Icon weld on sliders

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just had these installed, they are pure beef and look great in my opinion! Will update post once I get a chance to test them out on some rocks!

Icon sliders1.jpg

Icon sliders2.jpg
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
These look great! Post back how they hold up after taking some good hits. I'm still bitter about how poorly the LOD Destroyers held up for me. They were bolt on, but the mounting arm length from the frame to the slider is about the same length as these ICONs. I had an internal debate about how much better welding them on would have been over the bolted connection I went with. I'm sure the welded connection would have performed better, but I was still concerned the mounting arm would deflect into the body. (1" gap from slider to body when initially installed)

My current feeling is that the slider that gets hit less frequently will hold up better. I'm using the Metalcloak Overline sliders that are tucked up high and tight like these ICON weld-ons. I think this design will hold up much better than the LOD Destroyers that hang lower and further out, and therefore hit way more rocks. Jury is still out on the Metalcloaks for me but so far I'm happy.

WashingtonWetWheeler

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 6spd JLUR. UD60s & 40s
I really want to pull the trigger on these. However I'm finding all these Jeep parts come powder coated and no option of raw. I abuse sliders and how am I going to touchup welded on powder coated sliders?

OP
OP
SDhobbs

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I really want to pull the trigger on these. However I'm finding all these Jeep parts come powder coated and no option of raw. I abuse sliders and how am I going to touchup welded on powder coated sliders?
I had the same thought, I ordered this touch up paint, i'm hoping it matches the powder coat finish of the sliders. https://www.quadratec.com/products/16315_902X_PG.htm
I've had weld on sliders before on my JK and used to touch them up with bed liner spray, just need to be careful to cover the doors and body with cardboard or plastic sheets before spraying.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Installed the same icon sliders, absolute beasts.
Sponsored