First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Technology Consultant
Please follow up with us. Thank you for doing so!
Shop told me this morning 4 is the best they can get with stage 3 (longer front lower). Looks like i'll need to get to stage 4 with the adjustables to get 5-6. 2 guys working there had lifted wranglers so they knew right away.
Sponsored

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 WJ, 18 Challenger, 02&04 WRX, 73 FJ40
I installed stage 2 icon on my ā€˜18 jlur.....also installed rk front and rear track bars....front coil spring bowing driver side worse than passenger...drove fine for 200+ miles on 35ā€œ procomp at.......installed rk coil spring correction pad and bowing gone....re-installed stock 33 to go to big bear (wheels rebalance before install) because I didnā€™t have chains for the 35s.....got death wobble on I-10 and had to pull over....got back on the freeway and after 3 miles of 65mph had a slight wobble but self corrected.....continued with our trip to big bear without further issues with wobble driving 65-70 mph.....re-installed 35s earlier and hopefully dw does not come back......going for alignment this weekend, any recommendation in the riverside/temecula area...... if 4 is best caster, I guess I am also looking at getting adjustable LCA

side note....I stopped by the icon facility in riverside, very nice and helpful people. However there was a guy, I donā€™t think he works for icon but uses their product for racing (I am guessing here), when I asked about the bowing, he said it happens and said that is how it is, no solution offered..

Just sharing my experience

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Consultant
I installed stage 2 icon on my ā€˜18 jlur.....also installed rk front and rear track bars....front coil spring bowing driver side worse than passenger...drove fine for 200+ miles on 35ā€œ procomp at.......installed rk coil spring correction pad and bowing gone....re-installed stock 33 to go to big bear (wheels rebalance before install) because I didnā€™t have chains for the 35s.....got death wobble on I-10 and had to pull over....got back on the freeway and after 3 miles of 65mph had a slight wobble but self corrected.....continued with our trip to big bear without further issues with wobble driving 65-70 mph.....re-installed 35s earlier and hopefully dw does not come back......going for alignment this weekend, any recommendation in the riverside/temecula area...... if 4 is best caster, I guess I am also looking at getting adjustable LCA

side note....I stopped by the icon facility in riverside, very nice and helpful people. However there was a guy, I donā€™t think he works for icon but uses their product for racing (I am guessing here), when I asked about the bowing, he said it happens and said that is how it is, no solution offered..

Just sharing my experience
the bowing is common on JL lift kits. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lift-spring-bow.35160/

you will want to make sure you installed the coil isolator correctly and track bars center your axle. the stage 2 gave my jlur 3.5" lift before i put on bumpers so the track bar helped. i still see a slight difference in my passenger side bow but rides much better. have not got DW before either.

let me know if you are able to get more than 4 caster on stage 2. icon's rig is set to 5.2 when i asked them last week.

my adjustable upper links come in today so plan to get another alignment after i get those installed.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
the bowing is common on JL lift kits. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lift-spring-bow.35160/

you will want to make sure you installed the coil isolator correctly and track bars center your axle. the stage 2 gave my jlur 3.5" lift before i put on bumpers so the track bar helped. i still see a slight difference in my passenger side bow but rides much better. have not got DW before either.

let me know if you are able to get more than 4 caster on stage 2. icon's rig is set to 5.2 when i asked them last week.

my adjustable upper links come in today so plan to get another alignment after i get those installed.
Reclassing your front upper arms? Please keep us posted on your new caster post alignment!

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I thought that bowing only happened with the mopar kit. Did you used RK spring perch to take care of bowing issues?

what adjustable upper link did you end up getting? Will you be installing adjustable LCA also?

Sponsored

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Consultant
I thought that bowing only happened with the mopar kit. Did you used RK spring perch to take care of bowing issues?

what adjustable upper link did you end up getting? Will you be installing adjustable LCA also?
it was a very slight bow on my kit. nothing compared to what i've seen on the mopar posts. think it was mostly due to the lift hitting closer to 3.5" and i did not have adjustable track bars yet.

i got icon's adjustable upper link yesterday. will probably install it in the next 2 weeks and get another alignment. no plans on getting adjustable LCA unless i really need it.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I got a similar 3.5-4 inch lift on our 2019 JL from the Icon Stage 3 lift kit....just finished it this week - getting alignment and speedo re-calibrated day after tomorrow

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I got a similar 3.5-4 inch lift on our 2019 JL from the Icon Stage 3 lift kit....just finished it this week - getting alignment and speedo re-calibrated day after tomorrow
Please report back with your caster reading!

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it was a very slight bow on my kit. nothing compared to what i've seen on the mopar posts. think it was mostly due to the lift hitting closer to 3.5" and i did not have adjustable track bars yet.

i got icon's adjustable upper link yesterday. will probably install it in the next 2 weeks and get another alignment. no plans on getting adjustable LCA unless i really need it.
any update on the install of icon adjustable upper link?

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Consultant
any update on the install of icon adjustable upper link?
promise to do it by next weekend! Had other priorities unfortunately šŸ˜¢

Sponsored

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please report back with your caster reading!
The Caster left and right were 4.6 - so didnā€™t require any adjustment. Only the Toe (front and rear) required minor adjustment.

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Consultant
The Caster left and right were 4.6 - so didnā€™t require any adjustment. Only the Toe (front and rear) required minor adjustment.
did you ask the alignment shop to get you to 6 caster? you have stage 3 so no upper adjustable links right?

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you ask the alignment shop to get you to 6 caster? you have stage 3 so no upper adjustable links right?
No, I didn't ask shop to get to 6 caster. Correct, no upper adjustable front sway links - the Stage 3 moves OEM rear sway links to front.

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technology Consultant
No, I didn't ask shop to get to 6 caster. Correct, no upper adjustable front sway links - the Stage 3 moves OEM rear sway links to front.
Noted about the 6 caster. I got 4 caster on stage 3 as well. Sorry i meant upper adjustable arms (not sway links).

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noted about the 6 caster. I got 4 caster on stage 3 as well. Sorry i meant upper adjustable arms (not sway links).
Correct - didnā€™t have upper adjustable arms- just the lower fixed control arms and adjustable track bars. How high did your actual lift turn out to be using the icon?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.