Sponsored

Icon Vehicle Dynamics not compatible with Etorque?

crux360a

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Towing and auto repair
Have a 22 Rubicon Unlimited coming later this year and want to put an Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 7 or 8 lift. I have used their products on other vehicles and like them quite a bit. The issue is that the lift kits with remote reservoir shocks say they are incompatible with E-torque engines. I cant for the life of me guess why they wouldn't work. I sent an email to their tech support and all they responded with was "R and D said no" just wondering if anyone has used the lift kit on a E-torque engine or not.
Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Very helpful answer! Jeez.

All I can think is that something in the kit bumps up against a cooling line for the eTorque system.

Itā€™s also likely that they simply donā€™t know the answer, and so theyā€™re saying no out of abundance of caution.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Very helpful answer! Jeez.

All I can think is that something in the kit bumps up against a cooling line for the eTorque system.

Itā€™s also likely that they simply donā€™t know the answer, and so theyā€™re saying no out of abundance of caution.
Or the battery

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The kit doesn't come with bump stops. Install bumps for 37s and you'll be fine. Prove me wrong.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Or the battery
I'd guess this is why, as they have that aux battery that sits super low on the passenger side.

EDIT: I'm mistaken and thinking of the non e-torque aux battery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I'd guess this is why, as they have that aux battery that sits super low on the passenger side.
The E-Torque replaces the small aux battery with a 48V battery on the underside of the jeep to the side of the rear driveshaft.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah I thought about it but it's not too high on the priority list. my wife doesn't take that that one offroad too often anymore, she prefers that we beat up mine lol

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The eTorque does not have an aux battery under the passenger wheel well like the non-eTorque does. The eTorque 48V battery is under the Jeep opposite of the gas tank.

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Page 2 of the reservoir instructions talks about attaching a heat shield and reservoir bracket to to the frame rail. As @John VonJeep mentioned above, there might be eTorque battery coolant lines or other things in the way where they intend this heat shield and reservoir bracket to attach. This might prevent the design intent install but a good shop should be able to come up with an alternate solution/location to mount the reservoirs if this is the issue.

https://images.iconfigurators.app/pdf/Icon_Dynamics/I27821P_REVD.pdf

OP
OP
crux360a

crux360a

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Towing and auto repair
Thanks for the replies. It has to be something with the remote reservoir location/mounting. The stage 4 kits that have regular shocks don't note any restrictions for the eTorque engine.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Thanks for the replies. It has to be something with the remote reservoir location/mounting. The stage 4 kits that have regular shocks don't note any restrictions for the eTorque engine.
Curiouser and curiouser. All I can figure is (as I said earlier) that it's related to the cooling lines for the eTorque. I'm surprised that anything eTorque related could cause a problem with the front shocks. If anything, I'd think all the wiring and battery at the rear would be the culprit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Icon Vehicle Dynamics not compatible with Etorque? 1657197822036

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Where does icon mount the front resis, the rear are piggy back, canā€™t imagine they would interfereā€¦ā€¦.. figures, Iā€™ve installed about every kit known to man, except this oneā€¦šŸ˜‚ ā€¦.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe compare the extended length of the fancy shocks vs the stage 4 ones.
I still thinking it's the battery box.
The cooling lines run right along the inside of the frame rail on the drivers side. They made it harder to remove the bolt for the UCA but that's it (for me).
Sponsored