First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Assuming the shop JL is a Rubicon, can you post some photos that show the stance that these wheels give the Jeep? All the back spacing talk is hard to visualize and it’s just a lot easier with a photo.
What psi are you running off-road with these wheels??

thanks
Here are some pics of our JL in Moab. These wheels are 17X8.5 Rebound Pros, 5 on 5 BP with -6mm offset (4.5" backspacing). The part number in bronze is 21817857345BR (Click Here to go to this wheel on our website). The tires are BFG KM3's, 37X12.50R17LT.

I wasn't there when these were shot but just looking at the photos it looks like around 15 PSI. But you can run whatever pressure you want, depending on your needs. If you're just airing down for comfort on bumpy roads, 20 might do it. For maximum traction in the rocks you might go all the way down to 10. For flotation in the sand dunes you might go even lower. The Rebound Pro's pins will help keep the bead seated at any of these pressures but you also need to be mindful of sidewall pinch the lower you go.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 21817857345BR_01-1500w

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 21817857345BR_03-1500w

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 21817857345BR_02-1500w

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 21817857345BR_05-1500w
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Is this the only wheel style that utilizes this tech? I love the idea and I’m interested, but the design of the wheels themselves, while nice looking, isn’t my cup of tea.

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Is this the only wheel style that utilizes this tech? I love the idea and I’m interested, but the design of the wheels themselves, while nice looking, isn’t my cup of tea.
The InnerLock technology will be used in additional wheel designs in the future :)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The InnerLock technology will be used in additional wheel designs in the future :)
Cool. Hopefully there will be a design something more like this in the future:
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 1634241794325

Sponsored

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but 2 questions.
1. Any chance there is going to be a ring released to help protect the lip better?
2. you said other wheels be coming with the innerlock featurein the future any time line when that is going to be.

Love these wheels and do want to get a set but if a new design is coming out soon and the rings might be more of an option.

Thank you.

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but 2 questions.
1. Any chance there is going to be a ring released to help protect the lip better?
2. you said other wheels be coming with the innerlock featurein the future any time line when that is going to be.

Love these wheels and do want to get a set but if a new design is coming out soon and the rings might be more of an option.

Thank you.
To answer your first question, we prototyped a steel rash ring for the Rebound Pro but we ultimately shelved the idea for a number of reasons.

The answer to your second question is yes, we have a new wheel coming out soon called the Recon Pro, which will have InnerLock technology like the Rebound Pro. In addition, it will also have removable/replaceable Rash Rings. We have not officially announced it yet but I'll see if I can get permission to post a pic or two of it soon.

BTW no worries on resurrecting this old thread. I need to be more active on this board anyhow :)

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
To answer your first question, we prototyped a steel rash ring for the Rebound Pro but we ultimately shelved the idea for a number of reasons.

The answer to your second question is yes, we have a new wheel coming out soon called the Recon Pro, which will have InnerLock technology like the Rebound Pro. In addition, it will also have removable/replaceable Rash Rings. We have not officially announced it yet but I'll see if I can get permission to post a pic or two of it soon.

BTW no worries on resurrecting this old thread. I need to be more active on this board anyhow :)
Thanks for such a quick replay.
Look forward to the new wheels to make my choice harder which to go with.

Hopefully they get released soon.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn’t the recon pro shown on the instagram sometime last year? Or was that the shelved rebound pro rash ring? I assume the recon rash ring will not be able to be used on the rebound pros due to some design difference?

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Wasn’t the recon pro shown on the instagram sometime last year? Or was that the shelved rebound pro rash ring? I assume the recon rash ring will not be able to be used on the rebound pros due to some design difference?
Yes we've posted pics of the prototypes in a few places but I'm not sure if it has changed any for production. And no the rash ring for it won't work on the Rebound Pro. There is no provision for attaching it to the Rebound.

The steel rash rings we were evaluating for use on the Rebound Pro had tabs with smaller screws that threaded into new holes that had to be tapped into the heads of the InnerLock bolts. We decided not to do it that way. The Recon Pro's rash rings are machined aluminum and attach using their own small screws with blind threaded holes in the wheel (which Rebound doesn't have).

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yes we've posted pics of the prototypes in a few places but I'm not sure if it has changed any for production. And no the rash ring for it won't work on the Rebound Pro. There is no provision for attaching it to the Rebound.

The steel rash rings we were evaluating for use on the Rebound Pro had tabs with smaller screws that threaded into new holes that had to be tapped into the heads of the InnerLock bolts. We decided not to do it that way. The Recon Pro's rash rings are machined aluminum and attach using their own small screws with blind threaded holes in the wheel (which Rebound doesn't have).
Makes sense, I couldn’t remember if the pictures had it so the innerlock bolts overlapped and tightened down on the ring or not. I haven’t scratched the lip of mine too bad but some of the tight trails here in the east have left their mark, it’s stout though and I expect it would take a lot to ever compromise the wheels just like anyone else running without a rash ring, I just get tired of touch up paint ha.

One last question, the extra hardware I’ve seen shipping soon for a while now on the website is there any ETA on that? When DT installed mine I didn’t provide any anti seize and was going to redo them but wanted to have some extra hardware on hand just in case.

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Makes sense, I couldn’t remember if the pictures had it so the innerlock bolts overlapped and tightened down on the ring or not. I haven’t scratched the lip of mine too bad but some of the tight trails here in the east have left their mark, it’s stout though and I expect it would take a lot to ever compromise the wheels just like anyone else running without a rash ring, I just get tired of touch up paint ha.

One last question, the extra hardware I’ve seen shipping soon for a while now on the website is there any ETA on that? When DT installed mine I didn’t provide any anti seize and was going to redo them but wanted to have some extra hardware on hand just in case.
Unfortunately I don't have any access to customer or inventory data. I'm actually not even at work today. But for a question like that you would need to contact ICON sales or customer service.

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
Interested in this when youre able to post a pic

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

So...what about a touch up paint (or code) to match the bronze? I guess I hit a curb or something at 11 lbs of pressure...The wheels work great though!

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I have looked at you wheels and concept, I find very appealing and feel you have a viable solution. But I do have one question.

I run Walker Evans Beadlocks and off-road with BFG KM2s. My offroad psi is 3-5 psi. The question is: Have you tested ultra-low psi on a 37 x 12:50 x 17. I have never lost a bead and have long-term success with this combo. I play in the rocks only and at t 7+ trail level.

Your thoughts?
Sponsored