Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Yeah actually already got a pack of those from Amazon per the o-ring thread.

It took me a bit of doing, but I finally figured out some bolts that work.

We all know what the bolts that come with our icon rebound pros look like, well this is what I found and order this morning:

Screenshot_20240416-053004.png

I got to say I'm pretty impressed with my luck. Three days of looking, maybe 4 hours total of internet searching to try and find this along with another 2 hours driving around to different local hardware shops. Somehow I came upon this guy this morning. ATF fasteners out of Mansfield Texas, so shipping over to me and Anna shouldn't be that bad at all. Hoping to get it here by early next week at the absolute latest.

If you've looked into replacement bolts through the couple of websites that sell them, it's like $70 or $80 for 16 bolts, that means for about $40 less than this cost me, you can get enough bolts for one wheel. Now these that I ordered will remove the beadlock capabilities until you replace them with the beadlock bolts. But at the same time too, you could order a longer version of these and then just mill them down at the tip to mimic the bolt that comes with our rebound pros. Again 100 bolts for 120 bucks, not bad!

I know the picture shows them being only partially threaded, but the website does state that the picture may not match the product. I guess it's a stock picture, and when you follow the link below you'll see that it states it as a fully threaded bolt.

Honestly I'm just shocked that I even found it. It's like perfect. For a second there I thought I was going to have to get a socket head screw. :facepalm:

https://www.aftfasteners.com/7-16-20-x-3-4-12-point-flange-bolt-plain-oil/

I'll post direct comparison and how it works after I receive the bolt.
Damn that works beautifully!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122911285

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122432450
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122516432
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122740287
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122749987
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_122756635

Couple that with my $10 o-rings from Amazon and I just got myself 100 non beadlock screws and 100 rubber gaskets for about $130 total.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_123311774
Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

And what is the purpose for the purchase of the shorter bolts?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
And what is the purpose for the purchase of the shorter bolts?
@DTS

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240420_123311774

Been running y'all's Bronze Rebound Pro's for about a year now and absolutely LOVE them.

I recently upgraded my tires to 35's and had a local off-road shop whom I trust to both mount and balance my tires on my Pro's. With your innerlock technology being what it is, there's not many shops I trust not to screw up my wheels. As it is, the shops I do trust to mount charge a fair amount, $125/hr for beadlocks. With 3-4 hours of labor charged, that can add up pretty quick.

This got me thinking, why not remove the innerlock bolts and replace them temporarily with non-beadlock bolts.

After they're mounted and balanced, I could remove the non-beadlock bolts and replace them with your innerlock bolts.

This would allow me to not only have a wider range of shops I would trust to mount and balance my wheels, but it would save me a pretty penny too. My local shop charges $125/hr for beadlocks, 1-hr per wheel minimum, and $50 to balance each wheel, for a total of $700 for just 4 wheels. However to mount and balance 35's on 4 non-beadlock wheels with the same shop is $250. HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE!!

I understand they are Flanged Hex Head Bolts, but what is the thread size and pitch and the size of the flange?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

You know, technically you could sell these bolts yourselves and allow buyers to run them as non-beadlocks. :idea: :fist bump:

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I picked up some high temperature anti-seize at O'Reilly's this morning and installed the bolts around the wheel with the gaskets I got from Amazon and a little bit of oil on those gaskets as per the recommendations from Icon.

I thought I would have taken from some photos before I had them mounted but I guess not.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240429_100616
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240429_153848053_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology IMG_20240429_153844685_HDR

The cost including the 100 3/4" long bolts and the 100 washers is probably pretty close to what most people will pay for a single interlock/beadlock wheel to be mounted and balanced. So at least for this initial cost, I hit close to $170 (technically) to mount and balance this tire on my Icon Rebound Pro (spare tire).

However, future mounting and balancing's of tires will only cost me around $250 for all 5 wheels. That's a savings of ~$500 every 40,000 miles/2 years.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology Screenshot_20240429-154128-493

Now I just have to go through the process of removing these 3/4-in long bolts and replacing them with the original interlock bolts. Shouldn't be too complicated!

So I just wanted you guys to know, that you can in fact do this successfully and it does hold air still!
Sponsored