Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Some free feed back, Haha. I love the idea but not the offset 4.5". I see you have a JK, JL Rubicons come with wider axles for a reason and JL Rubicon's are better off with 5.5'ish and less tire poke IMO. I love my AEV wheels (5.7) but would replace them with your new design in a minute if you offered something closer to JL OEM rather than a generic Wrangler offset.
We appreciate your input and I will pass it along to our product development guys for consideration. My guess is they probably already have that configuration in the pipeline. But I'll also tell you that while I personally own a JK, it does not yet have these wheels on it, so don't assume that my owning a JK has anything to do with the specifications this wheel is offered in. ICON's shop Wrangler is a JL and it does run Rebound Pro's. That is the vehicle that this wheel was specifically designed around. It has been run on these wheels everywhere from Johnson Valley to Moab, and has performed great. That said, we understand that there are others who prefer a different stance, and we of course take that into consideration as we decide what additional configurations to invest in tooling up for. This is a brand new product so additional configurations will be offered as soon as we are able to.
Advertisement

JasonS

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We appreciate your input and I will pass it along to our product development guys for consideration. My guess is they probably already have that configuration in the pipeline. But I'll also tell you that while I personally own a JK, it does not yet have these wheels on it, so don't assume that my owning a JK has anything to do with the specifications this wheel is offered in. ICON's shop Wrangler is a JL and it does run Rebound Pro's. That is the vehicle that this wheel was specifically designed around. It has been run on these wheels everywhere from Johnson Valley to Moab, and has performed great. That said, we understand that there are others who prefer a different stance, and we of course take that into consideration as we decide what additional configurations to invest in tooling up for. This is a brand new product so additional configurations will be offered as soon as we are able to.
Assuming the shop JL is a Rubicon, can you post some photos that show the stance that these wheels give the Jeep? All the back spacing talk is hard to visualize and it’s just a lot easier with a photo.
What psi are you running off-road with these wheels??

thanks

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Assuming the shop JL is a Rubicon, can you post some photos that show the stance that these wheels give the Jeep? All the back spacing talk is hard to visualize and it’s just a lot easier with a photo.
What psi are you running off-road with these wheels??

thanks
Here are some pics of our JL in Moab. These wheels are 17X8.5 Rebound Pros, 5 on 5 BP with -6mm offset (4.5" backspacing). The part number in bronze is 21817857345BR (Click Here to go to this wheel on our website). The tires are BFG KM3's, 37X12.50R17LT.

I wasn't there when these were shot but just looking at the photos it looks like around 15 PSI. But you can run whatever pressure you want, depending on your needs. If you're just airing down for comfort on bumpy roads, 20 might do it. For maximum traction in the rocks you might go all the way down to 10. For flotation in the sand dunes you might go even lower. The Rebound Pro's pins will help keep the bead seated at any of these pressures but you also need to be mindful of sidewall pinch the lower you go.

21817857345BR_01-1500w.jpg

21817857345BR_03-1500w.jpg

21817857345BR_02-1500w.jpg

21817857345BR_05-1500w.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Is this the only wheel style that utilizes this tech? I love the idea and I’m interested, but the design of the wheels themselves, while nice looking, isn’t my cup of tea.

OP
OP
DTS

DTS

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Dusty
Reaction score
Website
iconvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Is this the only wheel style that utilizes this tech? I love the idea and I’m interested, but the design of the wheels themselves, while nice looking, isn’t my cup of tea.
The InnerLock technology will be used in additional wheel designs in the future :)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The InnerLock technology will be used in additional wheel designs in the future :)
Cool. Hopefully there will be a design something more like this in the future:
1634241794325.jpeg

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement