Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Has anyone ever heard of ICECO Freezer/Fridge
are they any good
I have one and it works perfect. Could not justify the higher priced units. Has the Danfoss compressor pump. I keep it in the Jeep always. My home fridge died last week and I was very glad to have this fridge.
F5ED88D8-8B3A-4E63-A6D2-0F711D47B9E8.jpeg

OP
OP
Goblue

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
I have one and it works perfect. Could not justify the higher priced units. Has the Danfoss compressor pump. I keep it in the Jeep always. My home fridge died last week and I was very glad to have this fridge.
Jeep Wrangler JL ICECO Freezer / Fridge ? F5ED88D8-8B3A-4E63-A6D2-0F711D47B9E8
awesome, IDK how I came across it popped up in a feed I think but looked interesting, thanks for the feed back what size is yours

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
awesome, IDK how I came across it popped up in a feed I think but looked interesting, thanks for the feed back what size is yours
45 liters, was really looking hard at the duel fridge freezer combo but this will work just fine. I have been camping my whole life and the only time I was spoiled was when I had the big RV with the full size fridge/ freezer. Back to tent camping now, much happier with the simplicity.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I have the VL45. Got it a month or so ago and loving it so far. I saw someone mention it on this forum in fact. It may even have been one of @Fatboy97 post. This is my first electric cooler so I didn't know what to expect as far as noise is concerned. I thought the fan was a bit loud but it's probably normal. Either way, I didn't care for the noise so I swapped out the fan for a Noctua fan and it cut the noise by about 50% IMO. If you're on the fence about an electric cooler but the price is a turnoff, I would definitely recommend ICECO.

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I have the VL45. Got it a month or so ago and loving it so far. I saw someone mention it on this forum in fact. It may even have been one of @Fatboy97 post. This is my first electric cooler so I didn't know what to expect as far as noise is concerned. I thought the fan was a bit loud but it's probably normal. Either way, I didn't care for the noise so I swapped out the fan for a Noctua fan and it cut the noise by about 50% IMO. If you're on the fence about an electric cooler but the price is a turnoff, I would definitely recommend ICECO.
Which model Noctua fan did you buy? The fan noise doesn’t seem to loud to me but a quieter one is OK with me.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Which model Noctua fan did you buy? The fan noise doesn’t seem to loud to me but a quieter one is OK with me.
Noctua NF-P12. There is a slightly quieter one but this one has a higher static pressure and I was worried about being able to push air through the condenser fins especially in the back of the Jeep with crap packed all around it. I couldn't find any details on the factory fan other than RPM. It's been perfectly fine so far.

Here is the slide I was thinking of going with if I do. https://www.dfgoffroad.com/100-for-iceco

OP
OP
Goblue

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
fits in there pretty good I think I will look into the fridge/freezer

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
Noctua NF-P12. There is a slightly quieter one but this one has a higher static pressure and I was worried about being able to push air through the condenser fins especially in the back of the Jeep with crap packed all around it. I couldn't find any details on the factory fan other than RPM. It's been perfectly fine so far.

Here is the slide I was thinking of going with if I do. https://www.dfgoffroad.com/100-for-iceco
Thank you. I will look into that fan. I was looking at that slide as well but decided to make my own as I have a 2 door jl with the sub in the floor.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
fits in there pretty good I think I will look into the fridge/freezer
The fridge/freezer is also bigger, I was concerned about the height as I wanted to have a storage rack in the jl. In the end I opted for just the fridge model. You would be very surprised at how much you can fit inside this thing.

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
The fridge/freezer is also bigger, I was concerned about the height as I wanted to have a storage rack in the jl. In the end I opted for just the fridge model. You would be very surprised at how much you can fit inside this thing.
Since you mentioned rack I thought I’d mention mine too in case others are looking for options. I went with the Vector Off-road Highland platform. The fridge fits underneath even with Rotopax mounted under it although you do need to remove the fridge to remove the Rotopax.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i just ordered an ICECO JP30 (comes with a cover included) i hope it's nice. otherwise i'm out $479
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088M3NQYS/

i will post back my thoughts after my trip in June
i'm super happy with my JP30 and iceco slide. i tried an alpicool fridge before that but the build quality wasnt just there for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL ICECO Freezer / Fridge ? 3DxisT9

i'm sure the JP30 will be great for you.

Last edited:

hjr2122

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently using the iceco vl65 (dual fridge/freezer), works great!!

Dwight V Holt

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Coach
Before a few months ago, I purchased an ICECO VL60 Dual Zone portable Freezer unit through Amazon. The freezer was damaged upon delivery and was not able to continue at a constant temperature. After a lot of repeated attempts to connect ICECO for compensation by phone, voice-mail messages, email, and a lot of other means have ended in failures. Now I'm looking for a new product. One of my friends have recently purchased a freezer unit which also stands within my requirements. He is happy with that purchase. If you have any good suggestions, please mention them here. I need more recommendations to opt a better choice after the comparison. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored