ICE doesn't turn on when I select E-Save

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So I was under the impression that when I start the Jeep, if I select E-Save, the ICE should start up and handle most of the duties. It's been cold here lately getting below freezing at night. I wanted to warm up the engine for a minute or two in idle but when I push E-Save, nothing happens. It's acting like it's still in Hybrid mode. What gives?
Sponsored

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Go into the uconnect hybrid pages and set the esave to e save charge, also the battery needs to be below 95 ish percent. That should get the motor to stay running.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
To let it idle just put your foot on the brake, set to m1 and the ice will turn on and it will warm up.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Go into the uconnect hybrid pages and set the esave to e save charge, also the battery needs to be below 95 ish percent. That should get the motor to stay running.
Okay, so looks like it's just not going to be an easy/automatic thing if my Jeeps been charging all night. Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's just something that I'll have to get used to and be aware of when it's cold. The only thing I could make work was to put it in manual drive and set the parking brake. Totally unsafe and not doing that again for safety reasons, but yesterday it bought me enough time to go in and get my mug of coffee. Auto park had already kicked in and shut it off by the time I came back out.

OP
OP
Jank4AU

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
To let it idle just put your foot on the brake, set to m1 and the ice will turn on and it will warm up.
I know it doesn't take long, we just thinking there had to be a way to do it without sitting in the Jeep.
Sponsored