Sponsored

I would have never thought this even 10 years ago.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
"Problem is that most people find the C8 hideous."

Seriously? I find quite the opposite. For the first time ever, the Corvette resembles and performs like a supercar. The buzz is all about the new Z06 Corvette right now.
While I dont speak for "most people", I will tell you as a person that has owned more cars than the average bear, I find the new Corvette among the best designs I've seen in a while. So much so, I'll probably pick up a ZO6. I understand there are several dealers that will be selling them at MSRP. I guess I'll find out. Either way it seems to be (by far) the best bang for the buck when it comes to a high end road car.

I'm not dissing on the 392, I think they are awesome, its just a different kind of vehicle. Obviously I like Jeeps (I own 4) but they are not built for speed no matter how modified-just like supercars are not built for offroad.

Pick the right tool for the job.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Seriously? I find quite the opposite. For the first time ever the Corvette resembles and performs like a supercar. The buzz is all about the New Z06 Corvette right now.
While dont speak for "most people", I will tell you as a person that has owned more cars than the average bear, I find the new Corvette among the best designs I've seen in a while. So much so, I'll probably pick up a ZO6. I understand there are several dealers that will be selling them at MSRP. I guess I'll find out. Either way it seems to be (by far) the best bang for the buck when it comes to high end road cars.

I'm not dissing on the 392 its just a different kind of vehicle. Obviously I like Jeeps (I own 4) but they are not built for speed no matter how modified-just like supercars are not built for offroad.

Not being able to buy several vehicles I need a good jack of all trades that can fulfill my off road, fun car, and muscle car wants. My 392 full fills these without being the best at any. A crescent wrench isn’t the best choice but it fits all sizes

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Wait...what?? Steve McQueen is dead?

Don't tell me I have to sell this...its a real crowd pleaser everywhere I take it.
IMG_0031.JPG
Last time I saw him, just before he went to Mexico for treatment, he was fat and had a big scruffy beard. Nice guy. Yeah, you should keep that one.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Problem is that most people find the C8 hideous. The latest Camaro was a beast on paper like the C8 but it was cramped and had the visibility of a machine gun bunker. The C8 in my opinion will end up being the New Coke of Corvettes.

Jeeps are terribly overpriced for what you get but people love them and they are attractive. Thusly, the market justifies it.
To each their own, but the C7 and C8 are the first corvette in decades that didn't look solely focused on the balding 50s market.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
To each their own, but the C7 and C8 are the first corvette in decades that didn't look solely focused on the balding 50s market.
Hey, I resemble that remark.

Sorta, I'm way past 50, but not balding. More like "graying". But I agree. C7 meh. But the C8 put the crosshairs on the supercar market where affluent young people spend money. Grayhairs like me eventually want a car from their youth. I see a lot of affluent grayhairs driving 50s, 60s, and 70s cars around here (SoCal, ritzy area where Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, and other exotics are seen daily). The C8s are getting pretty common around here. I wanted one, and was about to place my order, but I hate the stress of driving a nice car in the Tijuana Grand Prix (socal freeways) and parking anything really shiny anywhere. I've had more parking lot rash on my vehicles than I can recall, and virtually nobody waits around to admit to it and offer to pay for fixing it. Sometimes driving a slightly roughed up truck or jeep is more peaceful. Some of my roughest vehicles never once got any damage from others.🤔

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Seriously? I find quite the opposite. For the first time ever, the Corvette resembles and performs like a supercar. The buzz is all about the new Z06 Corvette right now.
While I dont speak for "most people", I will tell you as a person that has owned more cars than the average bear, I find the new Corvette among the best designs I've seen in a while. So much so, I'll probably pick up a ZO6. I understand there are several dealers that will be selling them at MSRP. I guess I'll find out. Either way it seems to be (by far) the best bang for the buck when it comes to a high end road car.

I'm not dissing on the 392, I think they are awesome, its just a different kind of vehicle. Obviously I like Jeeps (I own 4) but they are not built for speed no matter how modified-just like supercars are not built for offroad.

Indeed.

Despite the bemoans by loyal Corvette fans, C8 will attract an entirely new buyer, just like Unlimited, 4Xe, High Altitude and 392, attract a new type of Wrangler buyer.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hey, I resemble that remark.

Sorta, I'm way past 50, but not balding. More like "graying". But I agree. C7 meh. But the C8 put the crosshairs on the supercar market where affluent young people spend money. Grayhairs like me eventually want a car from their youth. I see a lot of affluent grayhairs driving 50s, 60s, and 70s cars around here (SoCal, ritzy area where Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, and other exotics are seen daily). The C8s are getting pretty common around here. I wanted one, and was about to place my order, but I hate the stress of driving a nice car in the Tijuana Grand Prix (socal freeways) and parking anything really shiny anywhere. I've had more parking lot rash on my vehicles than I can recall, and virtually nobody waits around to admit to it and offer to pay for fixing it. Sometimes driving a slightly roughed up truck or jeep is more peaceful. Some of my roughest vehicles never once got any damage from others.🤔
I love sports cars and have always owned them. Same with Wranglers. Both are tremendous fun in their own way. There can be a lot of anxiety driving sports cars in the city. There is always the fear of possible damage. The Wrangler is a LOT less anxiety. 90% of the time I reach for the Wrangler key. No worries about anything. No worries about bad drivers not seeing you, pot holes, low driveways, speed bumps, parking spot stops, door dings, nicks or scuffs, bad weather, parking lots, nothing. Just a LOT of fun even when driving nowhere. Even bumper to bumper traffic is more bearable in the Wrangler. It's nice to have a higher view too.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Indeed.

Despite the bemoans by loyal Corvette fans, C8 will attract an entirely new buyer, just like Unlimited, 4Xe, High Altitude and 392, attract a new type of Wrangler buyer.
I never wanted a vette till the C8. I didn't dislike them, just never cared much for them.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I never wanted a vette till the C8. I didn't dislike them, just never cared much for them.
I havent wanted a vette since the 70s versions came along until this C8

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I had a JKU 2015, which was totaled in 2019, I paid 32,000 for it new in the Northeast
In January 2020 I picked up a 2019 JLU, with cold weather package, hard top, tow package, head liner and 7 inch radio upgrade, 3.6 auto, all for 37,000, list was 43,000.
When supply catches up ,maybe the price will come down

Sponsored

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I love sports cars and have always owned them. Same with Wranglers. Both are tremendous fun in their own way. There can be a lot of anxiety driving sports cars in the city. There is always the fear of possible damage. The Wrangler is a LOT less anxiety. 90% of the time I reach for the Wrangler key. No worries about anything. No worries about bad drivers not seeing you…
I’m in the same boat and have owned a lot of both over the years. The issue with other drivers is why I don’t drive my Corvette during the week, and rarely on the freeways. My area is over-saturated with jacked up trucks and soccer moms in their 6-ton full-size SUVs all thinking they’re driving on the Autobahn. If I’m in the Vette, almost immediately these vehicles are mere feet from my rear bumper at 80 mph without the faintest clue that it’ll take a football field’s length for their vehicle to stop from that speed whereas mine will stop in less than 1/3 that distance - meaning they’re going to crush my car, and most likely me. Funny I don’t get tailgated in the Wrangler, so that is the vehicle I drive 98% of the time.

I’m not at all interested in the 392 Wrangler. Imo, a Wrangler is not a vehicle that needs that powerful an engine.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in the same boat and have owned a lot of both over the years. The issue with other drivers is why I don’t drive my Corvette during the week, and rarely on the freeways. My area is over-saturated with jacked up trucks and soccer moms in their 6-ton full-size SUVs all thinking they’re driving on the Autobahn. If I’m in the Vette, almost immediately these vehicles are mere feet from my rear bumper at 80 mph without the faintest clue that it’ll take a football field’s length for their vehicle to stop from that speed whereas mine will stop in less than 1/3 that distance - meaning they’re going to crush my car, and most likely me. Funny I don’t get tailgated in the Wrangler, so that is the vehicle I drive 98% of the time.

I’m not at all interested in the 392 Wrangler. Imo, a Wrangler is not a vehicle that needs that powerful an engine.
Neither does any 7-800 Hp pickup, suv, sedan, sport coupe, or sports car. If people didn’t want them enough to pay the big $$$ for them they would not be made

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Both the C8 and 392 offer all of the excitement of shifting from park to drive and occasionally even reverse! That’s the thing I could never dream would happen 10 years ago. But I guess it’s tough to shift while you’re busy checking to see if your latest instagram post got any likes while going 115 miles per hour.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
For the record, Steve McQueen drove a mid engine car in 1970 in the move LeMans. I've longed for a mid engine car ever since.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the record, Steve McQueen drove a mid engine car in 1970 in the move LeMans. I've longed for a mid engine car ever since.
And rode a Triumph in The Great Escape, but it was way too new for WW2 , the 52 I got at 18 was still rigid frame and he rode a swing arm.
Sponsored