Sponsored

I would have never thought this even 10 years ago.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The best part is you can have a Sport and everyone thinks your driving around in a 80k vehicle, none the wiser.
Or they think the $80k Jeep is a $35k vehicle. I am a car guy and I had no idea Wranglers had so expensive until I went to buy one. I had looked at JK pricing many years ago, I was expecting to spend mid 30's for nicely optioned Sahara when I 1st started looking at buying one for my wife lol. A lot of people, I know are shocked about how much Wranglers cost.
Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I wonder what the insurance delta is - one you drive like a fool on road and the other like a fool offroad 🤣.....

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
I recently sold my 2016 C7 when demand was at it's peak for almost what I paid for it new.
Went looking for a replacement vehicle and bought my first Jeep, a used 2019 Rubicon and am having loads of fun with it.
My 2022 C8 is scheduled to be built in two weeks for MSRP and the day I drive it home from the dealership I could flip it for about $20-$30k more than I paid. But I won't be doing that...

Scary thing is, both vehicles each cost more than my first house!

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I can believe it. I grew up in the great recession. Everything sold was cost based. Now most of it is market based pricing. There's more demand for the Wrangler than the Corvette. Younger folks like the Wrangler not the old man's Porsche.

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
A C8 at MSRP is appropriate and the dealers I’ve talked to will let you order one at MSRP with a refundable deposit. Not sure of the current lead times but my dad got his 12 months from ordering.

look at it this way, order one and when it shows up, walk away or quickly flip it for $10-15k - just like the early bronco orders are doing.
Would you mind passing along the dealers that are selling these for MSRP please? I've been looking to buy one for some time and MSRP is not possible in the state of NY. Appreciate you taking the time to link me.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I think it's mostly supply and demand. There is only one Wrangler, and it is popular. Anybody who likes the Rubicon can buy one and drive it. There are probably fewer people really attracted to the Corvette, and it is not a practical vehicle for most people who would consider buying one.

As long as there are people buying Rubicons at $55k they will make and sell them. We've had discussions here about the prices of Wranglers and most responders say that they saved their money, sold other toys, whatever, so they could buy a top of the line Rubicon. If they weren't selling then the top of the line Wrangler would probably be more like $40k. When I was shopping 2 years ago I checked used prices and 3 to 5 years old the prices were still close to new prices, that's a good indication of the demand.

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Already being an owner I love the price jump. 😎

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Well if buying new in the US, a Mercedes 350D isn't even an option. You have two new G class options in the US-

G550 - starting at $131,750 with no extras

AMG G 63 - starting at $156,450 with no extras

So given that, the Rubicon 392 with XR really isn't so bad $$$. Most people will probably pay in the upper $80's for a Rubicon 392, with a lot of extras included. The Rubicon 392 is the "poor man's G Wagon", and you can't really compare the two.

Personally, I have one on order because I'm middle aged and finally want a very special car that will be collectible someday. I have visited many car museums in my life, all over the place, and IMO this limited run 392 will definitely make it into museums across the world in the not too distant future. It's a special Jeep, and the big 392 V8 will disappear before you know it. Then you'll be left with G Wagons no one on this side of the Atlantic can afford.

We looked at an AMG 63 this past spring. Wish we had bought it. The silly things are $100k over msrp now.
Jeep Wrangler JL I would have never thought this even 10 years ago. 676FBA0B-E4CC-4413-8448-1B3A09B047ED

Could have made a little coin. Really crazy prices out there.
sam

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I like the C8 vette, but I really like my Jeep Sport S too. II they were the same price, I'd buy the vette. Not to offend anyone, but... if I were looking for the funnest bang-for-buck to drive, it wouldn't be a 392 Jeep or a vette, it would be a Civic Si RS or a Toyota GT86 (even less than a Sport S), or for a little more than vette money, maybe a Lotus Elise. Not to say the vette is bad, but there are other "drivers cars" out there at a price range to match what Jeep enthusiasts are paying.

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Sold these because I was just not using them like I did. Purchased my jeep August 13th. Have put over 6000 miles on it, no work just fun. Think it was money well spent.
Jeep Wrangler JL I would have never thought this even 10 years ago. P8020006.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL I would have never thought this even 10 years ago. yok tires2

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
But you cant buy a new vett right now. GM gets their plastic from the same source as jeep for the hard top. Production has been completely shut down!
Sponsored