Sponsored

I wish my Jeep had...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The JL Unlimited gas tank :(

And a probe that would shock the hell out of anyone that tries to put 6qts of oil in my motor :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The JL Unlimited gas tank :(

And a probe that would shock the hell out of anyone that tries to put 6qts of oil in my motor :)
Lol everytime I go to dealer to pick up oil and a filter, i ALWAYS have to tell them i only need 5 quarts not 6. One guy actually stood there and challenged me for about 10 mins that I needed 6.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
...a water spicket.

Wish Jeep would have built a water storage compartment incorporated somewhere. (The roll bars could have doubled as water storage maybe)

Could have been gravity fed or pressurized.

Could have easily heated the water too.

And a water spicket somewhere on the outside...I would put one in the same area as the fuel door but on the opposite side.

Jeep could have easily done this and it would be very useful.
Then everyone would have been paying more for engineering costs for something that they don't need.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Glass windows on the soft top (hurry up bestop...)

Better gearing on the 6spd or at least standard 3.73s.. kinda sucks as is, but I'm not ready to live life without a warranty just yet.

Drop-in (or multi-part) rigid cargo liner for occasional dirty jobs (mulch/gravel/firewood, etc.).. I bought a Jeep instead of a UTV, and trailers make me sad, what can I say?

Sponsored

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
* V-8 power
* Power MEMORY SEATS and mirrors
* Mirrors that have a wider range of adjustment for those of us who use their mirrors correctly :like: set to blindspots
* Inside roof panel color to match outside or black (don't need white fiberglass)
* Gear options from the factory!
* Tire options from the factory!

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Cooled seats.
This right here would have been the cherry on top for me. Always knew my next vehicle would have a heated steering wheel. Hoped it would have cooled seats too. I got my heated steering wheel, but the rest of the jeep is definitely worth no cooled seats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
360° cameras. I was skeptical at first, but tried it on a friend's Mercedes and it was sweet. Could be pretty handy rock crawling.
Yes!! Very good idea actually

Under carriage as well I think be pretty cool and useful

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Y'all forgot the most obvious one. Auto up window switch. We have auto down, why not auto up. It's a small thing and not really an issue. I know there is a mod to do this, but it would have been nice from the factory.

Then everyone would have been paying more for engineering costs for something that they don't need.
Agreed. Not something most people would use, and then you have to figure the cost of plumbing/ducts too. If you use the roll bar as the "tank" you have to consider the affect water moving around the vehicle will affect stability. You'd have a constantly shifting center of mass, in addition to the effect of shifting momentum under abrupt maneuvers such as hard braking, and evasive steering. Then of course you have the added weight of water when designing the suspension and it's impact on fuel economy while trying to meet federal regulations. It seems like a small thing, but adding a water reservoir would have snowballed into a much larger engineering/design issues that would have cost a lot of money. It would have been a big expense for an item most people wouldn't use, especially since you couldn't use it for potable water. Mainly because there likely wouldn't be a way to clean the reservoir/tank and it's not pressurized/running water so it would get stagnant pretty fast.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Y'all forgot the most obvious one. Auto up window switch. We have auto down, why not auto up. It's a small thing and not really an issue. I know there is a mod to do this, but it would have been nice from the factory.

Agreed. Not something most people would use, and then you have to figure the cost of plumbing/ducts too. If you use the roll bar as the "tank" you have to consider the affect water moving around the vehicle will affect stability. You'd have a constantly shifting center of mass, in addition to the effect of shifting momentum under abrupt maneuvers such as hard braking, and evasive steering. Then of course you have the added weight of water when designing the suspension and it's impact on fuel economy while trying to meet federal regulations. It seems like a small thing, but adding a water reservoir would have snowballed into a much larger engineering/design issues that would have cost a lot of money. It would have been a big expense for an item most people wouldn't use, especially since you couldn't use it for potable water. Mainly because there likely wouldn't be a way to clean the reservoir/tank and it's not pressurized/running water so it would get stagnant pretty fast.
Weight?

You do realize your rig is packed with fluids right? Will not effect driving unless your installing a hot tub in the back lol

Dude we talking 5-10 gallons worth if that. Small supply for either drinking water or to wash hands or pots and pans for camping.

I think would be very useful actually....except for winter time(something I literally just thought about).
Sponsored