I wish I had a light above my rear view mirror

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I wonder if anybody out there has installed some type of LED light right above the rear view mirror . I find it rather awkward to hunt for the switch behind my head . I may just attach some type of square flash light to the area above the rear view mirror. Ideal set up would be directly connecting such a light to the 12V electrical system without any wiring being exposed .
Sponsored

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
9031ECA3-CBAE-4341-81A3-8C42BD8137B9.jpeg

I mounted one of these in my previous jeeps. Havenā€™t put one in the JL yet. Itā€™s bendable and can be turned to face either side.

RubiconReese

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I also find that your body cast a shadow with the light behind you which makes it impossible to see. I've yet to see any aftermarket interior lights.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turn the interior lights all of the way up with the right side roller if you have issues with the light on the sound bar. Failing that, get one of them free harbor freight flashlights. LED, run off of three AAA batteries, plenty bright and if it grows legs are gets broken you'll have no reason to be mad.
OK, thanks for the hint : )

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9031ECA3-CBAE-4341-81A3-8C42BD8137B9.jpeg

I mounted one of these in my previous jeeps. Havenā€™t put one in the JL yet. Itā€™s bendable and can be turned to face either side.
maybe yes if I won't find a better solution , thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also find that your body cast a shadow with the light behind you which makes it impossible to see. I've yet to see any aftermarket interior lights.
yes, that will be the first thing I will be buying

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I wonder if anybody out there has installed some type of LED light right above the rear view mirror . I find it rather awkward to hunt for the switch behind my head . I may just attach some type of square flash light to the area above the rear view mirror. Ideal set up would be directly connecting such a light to the 12V electrical system without any wiring being exposed .
I would think you could find something that would work at Canadian Tire. Most folks in the States know nothing about this AMAZING store. I am up in Ontario (London, Stratford, St. Thomas areas) frequently and I always make a stop at the store when I am up there. Good luck!!!!

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think you could find something that would work at Canadian Tire. Most folks in the States know nothing about this AMAZING store. I am up in Ontario (London, Stratford, St. Thomas areas) frequently and I always make a stop at the store when I am up there. Good luck!!!!
Yes indeed , i if one has enough of bacon , beans and cold beer that the rest of life is guaranteed success as long as there is a Canadian Tire store close by : )

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Just got a Quadratec catalogue in the mail yesterday, and it's got a battery-powered light you can mount up there.

Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure exactly what you are looking for but here are few that might work out:

Aim-able LED Map/Dome Light w/ Switch
Baja Designs LED, Dome Light w/Switch
LED Dome Light - USB Rechargeable
LED Dome Light with billet mount

ATV dome light search

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
Ya, sometimes I really think when Jeep designed the interior of the JL they were smoking Weed and their designers brains were like Jello. A lot of common sense was missing in the design.