Sponsored

I will be waving at the new Broncos

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I think I’m as friendly as they come but this ^ is why I hardly ever wave. People judging you. What I don’t belong here because my Jeep is mostly stock? You get the respect you give.
To clarify, I wave at all Wranglers as well as any other vehicle that looks like it gets wheeled. As far as the wave being a part of a "community", I feel as if I have more in common with anyone who wheels their rig (regardless of make/model) than a Wrangler owner who doesn't.
Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Tbh the more I think about it, the more I think it will be a bit selective. If I’m in a Bronco with doors off, and see a jeeper with doors off I’ll definitely wave. If I see a Jeep that’s lifted etc probably too. Honestly around me stock jeeps hardly wave anyways, so probably won’t wave at stock jeeps like I do now.

Of course, anyone that spends time out in the actual wilderness knows EVERYONE gets a wave out there so that won’t change ;)

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Go get a bronco and start waving at them. Its a Jeep thing keep it that way.
Is that an order? As far as I know - I’m no historian - I’m pretty sure friendly waving predates the Jeep.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, our other Jeep is bone stock right now. I wouldn’t worry about folks judging; that will ALWAYS happen, no matter what. You do you and don’t worry about that crap, brother.
Thanks for having my back brother Jeff.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have had Jeeps for years and still find the wave as annoying as the ESS system - would love to turn both off. Driving is my zen time and I do not want it interrupted with having to be social. The JLUR is not my daily driver so I have to deal with the guilt of not passing a Jeep and realizing I did not wave - good thing I am not Catholic because that would take that guilt to a new level.

With that being I am not a jerk and gladly wave to other Jeeps as part of the Jeep thing. I am social at events and trails because that is the time/place for it.

Do what you want but I have trouble mustering enough enthusiasm to wave to Jeeps let alone other vehicles. Piss on the Broncos - they have the AEV launch team and cannot decide when to come to market.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Given the vitriol I see toward Jeeps and their owners on the Bronco forums, if I lift a finger, it'll be a choice one.
If I based my daily actions on what I see on forums, I would probably be in jail.

Case in point. I’m fairly well-known in the North American martial arts community. I’ve been targeted with typical keyboard warrior nonsense by a number of folks online over the years, even a tool here on this board, because of my username. I don’t respond in-kind. The ones I’ve met in person, without exception, have been gentlemen - in spite of online vitriol. Folks act differently online, and are generally much more civil in person.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
If I based my daily actions on what I see on forums, I would probably be in jail.

Case in point. I’m fairly well-known in the North American martial arts community. I’ve been targeted with typical keyboard warrior nonsense by a number of folks online over the years, even a tool here on this board, because of my username. I don’t respond in-kind. The ones I’ve met in person, without exception, have been gentlemen - in spite of online vitriol. Folks act differently online, and are generally much more civil in person.
Anonymity breeds hubris and stoopididity. I moderated an off-topic forum on a relatively busy board for about 10 years. I finally had to quit because a small number of folks were so toxic it just sucked the joy out of the whole thing. I had met a few in-person and some were a total cognitive dissonance between virtual and analog persona.

Relating to waves, there are a lot of great versions of Wave out there - here's one from Jan of 2016 :)

https://nostatic.com/mp3/8jun16/wave.mp3

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

That's cool, you do you.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I will stop and help one that's stuck or broken down though, i wouldn't leave anyone stranded offroad.
You’re a good man, Jim.