Sponsored

I will be waving at the new Broncos

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
I draw the line at 99 mirrors..
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I'll wait until next week and see if Ford gives specs at their unveiling. Not many hardcore Wrangler owners would go to IFS.
Your right...but out of all of the wrangler sales, how many are made to hardcore enthusiasts. If Ford picked up 30% of wrangler’s market share they would have a home run.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Back in the 70s in Colorado we'd wave at most any short wheelbase 4x4 like bobtail Broncos, Scouts, FJ40s, an occasional Nissan Patrol, even a Unimog or two :) And most would wave back (or initiate the wave)
Nice times!

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I wave at everybody except for Harley riders. They see me on my sport bike, my adventure bike or even my tourer and they get downright rude so I quit completely. When on my Buell they finally wave but I just say Fukem for how they treat me when on other bikes.. I think it’s dickish to judge what somebody is driving or riding before you can bother to return a wave but that’s exactly what I do now.
ime the Harley guys who actually ride do wave. The RUBs with fringe or wearing flip flops, not so much. They’re also the guys going 10 under on the best twisties and apparently don’t know what their mirrors are for.

“Objects in mirror are more annoyed than they appear”

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
good luck only about 10% of wranglers wave back.
I’m sorry to hear that your percentage is so low. On a normal day here in Sarasota County, it’s a 100% rate if visibility is good. A bad day is half that.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I’m sorry to hear that your percentage is so low. On a normal day here in Sarasota County, it’s a 100% rate if visibility is good. A bad day is half that.
Not to get too off topic, but I almost always see about 3 to 4 wranglers any given drive, and tend to get 1 or no waves back. Is there a proper way to do it, or distance between vehicles? I tend to stick to a right hand peace sign off the steering wheel.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
If this gets me excommunicated from this online Jeep community, so be it. If so, I will miss it, as I have made friends here, many who I have met and wheeled with in person.

One of the huge reasons I love Jeeps is because Jeep folks are generally very friendly and accepting of fellow Jeepers and other off-roaders in other vehicles. Jeep is about freedom and camaraderie, acceptance of others different from us, which is part of the American way.

I was in the Army for 30 years. I drove military Jeeps. I worked with every color and race and religion on this planet in the military. I have seen the worst and the best of people. I strive to adhere to the best behavior. Waving at others not like I is a natural extension of that. Off-roaders all have something in common - freedom of maneuver, and love of our vehicles. I respect that.
Excommunicated? You’re family here Jeff.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I wave at all "built" 4WD vehicles...except obvious mall-crawlers...and I don't initiate a wave at Angry Eyes Jeeps, but I will wave back.

I just realized I may have too many rules.
I think I’m as friendly as they come but this ^ is why I hardly ever wave. People judging you. What I don’t belong here because my Jeep is mostly stock?
You get the respect you give.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I think I’m as friendly as they come but this ^ is why I hardly ever wave. People judging you. What I don’t belong here because my Jeep is mostly stock?
You get the respect you give.
Steve, our other Jeep is bone stock right now. I wouldn’t worry about folks judging; that will ALWAYS happen, no matter what. You do you and don’t worry about that crap, brother.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, what moderator changed the name of this - my thread - from “Taking a Stand” to “I will be waving at new Broncos?” And, why?
Sponsored