MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff, like me and others who have been field tested, we accept and give help to others. I do not think Ken knows what it is like being shot at and looking for help from others. As for waving.... Lexus owners do not wave... Jeep owners do... for the last 25 years of Jeeping, I wave as a sign of saying I will have your back if I see you on the trail and will not leave you in the ditch...

If this gets me excommunicated from this online Jeep community, so be it. If so, I will miss it, as I have made friends here, many who I have met and wheeled with in person.

One of the huge reasons I love Jeeps is because Jeep folks are generally very friendly and accepting of fellow Jeepers and other off-roaders in other vehicles. Jeep is about freedom and camaraderie, acceptance of others different from us, which is part of the American way.

I was in the Army for 30 years. I drove military Jeeps. I worked with every color and race and religion on this planet in the military. I have seen the worst and the best of people. I strive to adhere to the best behavior. Waving at others not like I is a natural extension of that. Off-roaders all have something in common - freedom of maneuver, and love of our vehicles. I respect that.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, I don’t like it. Don’t make to where Broncos start waving at me. If I see it, I’ll know the SOB that started this :LOL:

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
If this gets me excommunicated from this online Jeep community, so be it. If so, I will miss it, as I have made friends here, many who I have met and wheeled with in person.
If excommunicated you may seek sanctuary in Texas, we wave to everyone down here ;)

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Ken, other brands wave to each other too. It’s just a greeting of friendship and respect to me. I’m not a marketing guy, and I don’t give a crap about “intrinsic differentiation,” because I will continue to wave at Harleys and whatever vehicle I want to. Jeeps are about freedom. I will continue to freely express myself the way I see fit. Peace.
motorcycle riders typically will "wave" (broadly construed) no matter what kind of bike. I've been on BMW, Ducati, MV Agusta, Aprilia, Triumph - still give and get acknowledgment from other riders, be they on Harley, sport bike, or the same brand I'm riding (only have GS in the garage at the moment).

That said, I usually default to Groucho on this topic - "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Clearly their judgment is suspect...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If this gets me excommunicated from this online Jeep community
It shouldn’t. Being 100% genuine here, If someone waves, I’ll do it right back. I don’t care what they’re driving.

If I’m out on the trails and someone needs assistance, you bet your ass I’ll do what I can to assist if it’s legit.

It takes a lot of courage to say what Jeff said on a forum like this. But at the end of the day, we are all people and we’re best in this world when we do good to one another.

PS - I really want Jeff to do the buttock move to someone who damn near deserves it :CWL:

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Plus sounds like a long wait until you can wave. Article today said the mini Bronco will be available end of year and real Bronco next spring. What have they been doing all this time? Trying to get rid of their own death wobble?
Since they do not have solid axles - probably no death wobble. Yah, I've heard you won't even be able to get your pre-ordered Bronco until April next year.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since they do not have solid axles - probably no death wobble. Yah, I've heard you won't even be able to get your pre-ordered Bronco until April next year.
Then how can they compete with Wrangler if no solid front axle?

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
I wave at everybody except for Harley riders. They see me on my sport bike, my adventure bike or even my tourer and they get downright rude so I quit completely. When on my Buell they finally wave but I just say Fukem for how they treat me when on other bikes.. I think it’s dickish to judge what somebody is driving or riding before you can bother to return a wave but that’s exactly what I do now.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I am not knocking on Bronco. Competition is healthy. If Ford can overcome some of the issues above then they will have good chance. Else they are just trying a shortcut and create something but without the solid foundations that Jeep have. Good luck to them. And us :)
Fantastic post. I think the only thing that I might add is that it seems Ford may be putting an emphasis on high speed off roading vs the Jeep’s crawl mentality. This is where I find what ford has done very interesting, because we know it will have significantly more horsepower than a Jeep, and also the IFS suspension which excels at high speeds. But it also has the 7 speed manual with a crawl ratio, and locking front+rear diffs and the front dig feature which is definitely slow speed features. My guess is that Ford is going to advertise the Bronco as being able to run KOH basically stock with some few mods, just like how the raptor can run the Baja with some mods. But that’s just my inkling. Would be a very powerful brand statement if they did that.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll wait until next week and see if Ford gives specs at their unveiling. Not many hardcore Wrangler owners would go to IFS.
Sponsored