I went for a hike

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
‘this was their “reason” for not accepting the Affiliate Rewards, starting to smell like BS coming from Chapman.
If you read the affiliate terms, it's pretty clear that it isn't actually applicable on amounts over 1% under invoice, and there have been a lot of other dealers that aren't offering it as well because of that.
Sponsored

Bananas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL, 06 LJ, 20 Ram Rebel
That is absolute crock of shit.
All the dealer has to do is “sold order protection” when they process your sale.
Dealer doesn’t get reimbursed. The sale is executed at the price on the date of order.

This is 100% accurate. I have the email sent to all dealers with this hike stating the same, that they are price protected. Any dealer saying otherwise should be considered doing shady things. I don't buy the "were stuck with them not paying" bs either. The only way they get stuck is if they do something wrong on their end.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Does it come down to volume? A dealer with 50 pre orders might honor previous price, but one with 1,000 stands to lose too much?
Also, does it matter where your order is in the process? VIN assigned is protected.
I’d also hope that dealers would refund even non-refundable deposits if they can’t honor the OTD $total made at the time of deposit.

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
This is 100% accurate. I have the email sent to all dealers with this hike stating the same, that they are price protected. Any dealer saying otherwise should be considered doing shady things. I don't buy the "were stuck with them not paying" bs either. The only way they get stuck is if they do something wrong on their end.
can you post that email please?

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
also exactly what is the price hike tried googling and cannot find it? TIA

Sponsored

clickclickboom

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, BMW X3M Comp, Audi S4, KTM Superduke
Read the Price Guide sticky at the top of the Pricing page

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I will assume many people with orders are contacting their dealers this week since the price hike was substantial. I did (Chapman, PA) and was told no price protection even though I ordered it in December. So there is one, Chapman.
I guess I'll be canceling my order with them.

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
This is the response from Chapman:
In the past, FCA paid the price protection difference…currently, Stellantis does not…we can go in and make a claim, but in 2021 we had to write off over 200k in non-payments from Stellantis…we claim it, they don’t pay it…this is something we can’t afford to continue to do & price at 5% under invoice…
I tend to believe them here - Stellantis has proven itself to be colossally disorganized and shady in their own practices (I mean, the whole online configurator and order status nonsense is the tip of the iceberg).

But I'm more curious about why this hasn't happened to other big dealers - or has it happened but not at a volume where it matters? Or is Chapman doing something wrong in their paperwork? So many questions, so few answers....

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
You are looking for a "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" if you think the dealer is going to absorb the loss. And if you think your "price protection" is going to be worth anything in litigation???? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sam

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I will assume many people with orders are contacting their dealers this week since the price hike was substantial. I did (Chapman, PA) and was told no price protection even though I ordered it in December. So there is one, Chapman.
I've added a 'price protection' column to the spreadsheet. That really sucks.

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Spoke to Tom at Chapman today. He mentioned that he won't know what the price is for the Jeep ordered before January 17 until it's built and invoiced by Stellantis. Any type of protection requires rebates from Stellantis and it's not a risk they're willing to take based on prior experience. Maybe there is a chance Stellantis invoices those orders placed before Jan 17 with the old MSRP. Is that wishful thinking?

Deleted member 59498

Well not sure when the dealer pays lots of gray there I guess.

Wogstl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep 4xe Rubicon - Stingray
Not sure if it means anything but my window sticker (awaiting delivery and ordered Oct 31) exactly matches the MSRP that I was quoted at the time of "purchase".
Sponsored