First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i had a rare 3 wave deal one time. i was in the left turning lane the jeep came along side of me wave and continued straight. the on coming jeep had a red light waved and the jeep on the side road made a right as i was making a left onto the side road. so a triple wave.:like::like::like:
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s night time I’ll flash the lights and follow it with a quick, beep beep. Happy Jeepin!
I tried this a few times only to see that it was a Patriot or a Liberty when it got closer... :facepalm:

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Here in CT there are apparently a lot of people who don't know the "Jeep wave" is a thing either. We wave to everyone and it becomes a habit! I catch myself doing it when I'm in my work truck!!
Haha, same! I'm in CT too and sometimes when I'm driving my wife's Sonata (also my old car; :puke:) I catch myself about to wave until I realize; yeah, no, wrong car buddy. :CWL:

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Angry eyes Jeep = No wave from me (but, sometimes I'll show some sympathy and wave anyway) :)
Angry-eyes grille Jeeps need all the sympathy they can get.. bleh.

Guy Jepsy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Rubicon JLU
Here it is, I have come out of the Jeep (sorta). When I bought my Jeep and was driving home I started to notice folks waving at me so naturally I thought something or someone is stuck on the jeep so I actually stopped and checked but found NOTHING. As the days have passed and more people waved I obliviously waved back thinking I am SUPER FLY COOL SPECIAL MAC DADDY only find out it truly is a Jeep thing. HAHA joke was on me because it wasn't about me it was the awesome Jeep community saying hi.
F04D6E61-6B1C-4182-9727-72A066D44AFB.jpeg

Sponsored

Max238

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer/Harley
Occupation
Pilot
I don’t own my first Jeep yet. Rented quite a few the last couple years and drove our good friends of the family’s Jeep. We do the wave when we are driving one. The wife, kids an I all play the Jeep game, we try to be the first to call Jeep when we see one. (As kids we played that with Volkswagen beetles.).
First jeep should be coming our way this summer or fall. The entire family is excited.

Last edited:

JLURfab

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Here in CT there are apparently a lot of people who don't know the "Jeep wave" is a thing either. We wave to everyone and it becomes a habit! I catch myself doing it when I'm in my work truck!!
I do it in my work van and daily both

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I live in a rural area, drive a Ford F150 and throw up my hand at other Ford pickup drivers and law enforcement officers. I guesstimate that I get a 75% return rate. I picked up the new Wrangler from the dealer this morning and on the way home I met and waved at three Jeeps. One of the three returned my wave. It's a small sample but this may get depressing.

Later,
Johnny

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Here it is, I have come out of the Jeep (sorta). When I bought my Jeep and was driving home I started to notice folks waving at me so naturally I thought something or someone is stuck on the jeep so I actually stopped and checked but found NOTHING. As the days have passed and more people waved I obliviously waved back thinking I am SUPER FLY COOL SPECIAL MAC DADDY only find out it truly is a Jeep thing. HAHA joke was on me because it wasn't about me it was the awesome Jeep community saying hi.

most of the time unless I am really pissed I try to wave as well but driving a stick means that at times I just miss my third hand to wave

Sponsored

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
My wife laughs at how excited I get when I wave at fellow jeep drivers - I have to admit that it’s hard not to wave at passing jeeps when I’m driving her car out of habit in the rubicon, I guess I’ll just have to get her a Jeep when her car wears out so I can wave all the time ;)

OP
OP
Cthehentz

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I see it from a distance, as I approach the intersection right blinker ON slowing down there is a black Jeep, my nerves are rattled and my palms are sweaty BUT I man up and wave to the young lady driving the Jeep and she frantically waved back and that little gesture made my day lol. I had a total flashback, when I was a kid (70's) my dad would randomly wave a women so I would ask who's that ? and dad would blurt out some random name just to get my moms goat hahaha. I am glad this thread caught traction and I have enjoyed reading the stories....

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
the funny thing is i can predict which one will wave and which one flips the bird.
Dude what part of NY are you in. I'm in Westchester, I got like 5 waves in a row within 2 min yesterday. It actually warmed my heart in light of all that we are dealing with here. It really was a welcomed spec of cheer in an otherwise field of doom. Never ever has anyone given me the finger though. You must be in Long Island lol.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Dude what part of NY are you in. I'm in Westchester, I got like 5 waves in a row within 2 min yesterday. It actually warmed my heart in light of all that we are dealing with here. It really was a welcomed spec of cheer in an otherwise field of doom. Never ever has anyone given me the finger though. You must be in Long Island lol.
rockland county.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Long Island used to be great when I first got my JL in 2018. Now I noticed I’m the only one that does it and I don’t get a wave back.
Sponsored