Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
It's about 50/50 here with about 50% of the people waving these days. I always wave and almost feel guilty when I miss one. My wife and kids love the wave and will shout out when they see another Jeep coming.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I've been Jeep wavin since 1980, and not just to Jeeps~Pre 77 Broncos, FJ40s, Scouts, all the moldy oldies :)

And they'd wave back or initiate the wave, it was more of a short wheelbase 4x4 thing, but since Jeep is the only shorty that's been still going strong, it's now officially a Jeep thing :)

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
We'll do the wave all the time. When I went to Utah early Feb, we passed a Mojito JLUR and the passenger cracked us up, the most over exaggerated wave ever.. just as good as this meme that has been floating around. You could see the passenger do it well before we can see the silhouette of the people inside through the windshield.
tenor.gif

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say theres around a 60-70% wave return rate in my area, the non-wavers tend to be women from my experience.

Sponsored

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I'd say theres around a 60-70% wave return rate in my area, the non-wavers tend to be women from my experience.
My much better half is still trying to get used to it...she missed a couple yesterday.

I had a return rate of about 2%.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My much better half is still trying to get used to it...she missed a couple yesterday.

I had a return rate of about 2%.
I wonder if the brighter colored Jeeps have a higher rate of wave return. Maybe standing out against other vehicles gets more attention from other Jeepers.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I wonder if the brighter colored Jeeps have a higher rate of wave return. Maybe standing out against other vehicles gets more attention from other Jeepers.
maybe...hers is black, but, has enough polish on it at this point that it's visible from space. Perhaps, the current insanity in the world is also a little more upfront on everyone's mind than our rubi. that really wouldn't surprise me.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. People who don't return waves tend to be women driving JK's. Maybe it's a southeastern PA thing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Jeepers are kind of like a fraternity or sorority. The Jeep Wave is like the secret handshake.

It's getting more common as new Wrangler owners learn about it. I think they are more enthusiastic due to the novelty. I definitely see more people waving in the Chicago area. Both male and female.

Sometimes I forget which vehicle I am driving. I catch myself waving at Wranglers all the time even when I am not driving my JLR. Every once in while I still get a wave back from Jeepers when Im in another car or a friend's car.. The offer of friendship is not bad. It's always a good thing, especially in the environment today.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Jeepers are kind of like a fraternity or sorority. The Jeep Wave is like the secret handshake.
Yesterday I was pulling into a store parking lot and a nicely built JKU was pulling out. The other driver didn't notice my wave until last second but quickly and somewhat clumsily waved back. I chuckled because I surprised him and he in no way wanted to miss waving back. That's a good frat brother!

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I was pulling into a store parking lot and a nicely built JKU was pulling out. The other driver didn't notice my wave until last second but quickly and somewhat clumsily waved back. I chuckled because I surprised him and he in no way wanted to miss waving back. That's a good frat brother!
My nephew gets after me if I miss a wave LOL I have been that guy before that almost missed a wave but just caught it also it’s hard when your driving a manual, eating lunch and texting your boss that your on your way all the while another Jeeper is waving at you:whew:

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. People who don't return waves tend to be women driving JK's. Maybe it's a southeastern PA thing.
Funny you should mention that. My Fiance's sister drives a JK and we asked if she waved at other Jeep Wranglers when shes out driving.. she said no... but she didn't know it was thing. Must be completely oblivious and total tunnel vision, if she never noticed and wonder why strangers in like vehicles are waving at me.