Sponsored

I was a manager, first with Price Club, then in 1992 Costco bought out Price Club.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I have a lot of stories to tell, but more importantly, I was the District Manager for the Automotive Services. Costco as a corporation (at least while I was with them) truly did their best to get the best/lowest prices possible to the members (customers in general terms). The Costco Buying Department's main goal was to negotiate the lowest prices possible, if a company would or could not perform to Costco's standards, then they would not be a vendor.
Sponsored

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This is cool! I recently discovered Costco Auto and plan on using them as well.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Costco's auto plan prices are decent but I have always been able to do better. It's not a bad program though if someone wants a low stress buying experience.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Do you really want to buy your Jeep from the same place you buy your thanksgiving turkey?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have a lot of stories to tell, but more importantly, I was the District Manager for the Automotive Services. Costco as a corporation (at least while I was with them) truly did their best to get the best/lowest prices possible to the members (customers in general terms). The Costco Buying Department's main goal was to negotiate the lowest prices possible, if a company would or could not perform to Costco's standards, then they would not be a vendor.
Ok.

is there a company in the world that doesn’t want to “negotiate the lowest price possible” from its vendors? Some companies don’t pass lower prices on to consumers but rather keep the enhanced profit. Costco seems to do a good job passing on lower prices. Ok.

is there a point to your post that I am missing?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ok.

is there a company in the world that doesn’t want to “negotiate the lowest price possible” from its vendors? Some companies don’t pass lower prices on to consumers but rather keep the enhanced profit. Costco seems to do a good job passing on lower prices. Ok.

is there a point to your post that I am missing?
He owns stocks in Costco (COST) and frankly during these times, so would I.

Jeep Wrangler JL I was a manager, first with Price Club, then in 1992 Costco bought out Price Club. 61DCD22B-8059-4B4E-8D6C-748A0C8EDD99