Mr.Jeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl unlimited sport, 2020 JT Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, if I'm looking at spending close to $10K for D44s, I'd definitely pay a little more to get 1Tons. The strength comparison isn't even close.
i agree........ if i had that kinda money...
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
well i payed 32k for my sport,with auto tranny rubicon's are like 45k thats 19k difference...
Well the t-case is also a plus. And we have the bitchin stickers. Those are pricey.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I bought my sport for 33 and my only options were the towing/ auxiliary and limited slip.
Build list all purchased apart from axle and regear
Tires
Bumper
Sliders
Lift
ARB compressor
UD dana 44 5.13 w/Elocker(assuming its 4299$)
Regear rear axle 5.13 keep limited slip.

I’m at 41200. Still cheaper than a base model Rubicon but I now have better tires, lift, bumper, sliders and a stronger front axle.

Only thing I’m missing is a selectable rear locker and 4:1 t case. I’ll be doing an atlas or rubi take off.

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I bought my sport for 33 and my only options were the towing/ auxiliary and limited slip.
Tires
Bumper
Sliders
Lift
ARB compressor

I’m at 41200. Still cheaper than a base model Rubicon but I now have better tires, lift, bumper, sliders and a stronger front axle.

Only thing I’m missing is a selectable rear locker and 4:1 t case. I’ll be doing an atlas or rubi take off.

My base Rubicon with: 6 speed, premium soft top and cold wx. I have 37's with a 2.5" spacer lift for under $39K all in. This is silly... you can't build a Sport or Sport S for the price of a Rubicon (same standards). And I have a bunch of cool stuff.... hood, fenders, stitching ect... If you're going to do high dollar transfers
Tires
Bumper
Sliders
Lift
ARB compressor

My Rubicon has 37s with a RC spacer lift. I'm under $39K all in. 6 speed, premium soft top and cold wx group. I already have the T-case, lockers and takeoffs.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
My base Rubicon with: 6 speed, premium soft top and cold wx. I have 37's with a 2.5" spacer lift for under $39K all in. This is silly... you can't build a Sport or Sport S for the price of a Rubicon (same standards). And I have a bunch of cool stuff.... hood, fenders, stitching ect... If you're going to do high dollar transfers

My Rubicon has 37s with a RC spacer lift. I'm under $39K all in. 6 speed, premium soft top and cold wx group. I already have the T-case, lockers and takeoffs.
Sure would like to know where you bought a Rubicon for that cheap!

I’d still prefer to do it my way. I’d still be replacing the rubicon’s front axle if I bought one and the bumper,sliders etc

I came from a 2 door Rubicon and knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one. Plus I never saw a stock Rubicon for under 41...especially in California.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Sure would like to know where you bought a Rubicon for that cheap!

I’d still prefer to do it my way. I’d still be replacing the rubicon’s front axle if I bought one and the bumper,sliders etc

I came from a 2 door Rubicon and knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one. Plus I never saw a stock Rubicon for under 41...especially in California.
Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID.

I live 30mins from there so it was pretty easy. Ordered exactly as I wanted. Gave a $1k deposit. Picked it up 12 weeks later.

5912C267-6C45-4076-90BA-9C4F1BB2EFD9.png

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
For the cost of a set of built axles you can pick one of these up. I'd have one now if I didn't live in HOA hell.

Sponsored

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Also, if you can wait and wheel what you have I'd wait for the 30-spline D30/35 chromoly kits to hit the market.

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I haven't seen a Super 30/35 kit yet for the 3rd gen axles.