Sponsored

I want to avoid full Skid Plate, but what are my options?

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
For my JLU Rubicon, I want to prepare some additional skid plate, but avoid overkill with full skid plate. Since the Rubicon comes with some basic skid plate while keep some other area exposed. Any suggestion?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’ll bow to the experts but for now I’ve ordered front and rear differential plates and rear shock/control arm plates. I think Rancho is the only front diff plate available right now but Metalcloak has a rear cover along with Rancho. The full skid looks nice but it’s a lot of weight and $.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Rusty's had a piecable full belly skid plate setup going on sale in the next few days. They have been teasing on their Facebook page.

The big one I would say to get would be diff covers as the steamer steel is no match for a rock and I would put more faith into than the shovel inspired diff skids.

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm in the same boat and thinking of using the EVO Protek Engine and Exhaust Loop skid, along with the Rancho Diff Glides front and rear (want them to match). Debating on LCA skids. Right now RockHard 4x4 is the only one with front bolt-ons as far as I know.
Sponsored