Sponsored

I want to add an option to my build - what is the best course of action?

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Hello all,

I want to add the advanced cruise control to my build - I wanted it initially but other build items that were accidentally added by my dealer and that I didn't notice and correct until later the same day priced me away from the one option I was hem-hawing on anyway. The problem is that I am now three weeks into my estimated 12-week wait and while I can be patient, I don't want to lose my place in line. I also don't want to be annoying with my dealer, because I've had enough issues just finding dealers who would give me the time of day and I still haven't "sprung" on them yet that I get FCA pricing through three different affiliations I have - mainly because I didn't know about them until after I ordered my Jeep.

That long story out of the way - what is the most efficient way to add an option to my build - which doesn't even have a build sheet yet? Can I do it through customer care, or do I have to do it through my dealer?
Sponsored

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I know others have been able to change or add some items if it's not into a certain build status but you're going to have to go through the dealer. I would not wait much longer if you want a chance to have it added.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Do you have a VIN?

If so, it may be too late to change your current build. However, it may be possible if your dealer can contact his Stellantis rep.

OP
OP
driventoadventure

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Do you have a VIN?

If so, it may be too late to change your current build. However, it may be possible if your dealer can contact his Stellantis rep.
Apologies, I should have included that in my initial post - Yes I already have my VIN. I do not have a build sheet or window-sticker yet...

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I contacted my dealer, they said because I have a VIN they can’t make any changes to the build. I ordered 8/21, I’m in D status. I had read others had luck in making changes, maybe their dealers had a contact or rep they could work with to make changes. Mine apparently doesn’t or can’t or they don’t know they can, lol.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Cancel and place a new order.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Just order a different one. I'm sure they will sell the one you have on order as soon as it rolls of the truck.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
If you're still in D status it's technically possible. Your dealer will likely say they can not make any changes and they would not be lying, however they can get with their FCA rep and the rep can make the change for them/you. As long as it's not an engine or something else that would change the VIN # it's theoretically possible. Now, whether your dealer would be willing to go to their rep or whether the rep would be willing to do it is another question. Definitely won't hurt to ask.

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
Can’t help on the OP question but I’m more curious what you mean about FCA pricing and you haven’t sprung it on them yet?? So like - you have the order placed, and get FCA or tread lightly pricing - but haven’t told them? You didn’t work out pricing when you placed the order?

OP
OP
driventoadventure

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Can’t help on the OP question but I’m more curious what you mean about FCA pricing and you haven’t sprung it on them yet?? So like - you have the order placed, and get FCA or tread lightly pricing - but haven’t told them? You didn’t work out pricing when you placed the order?
I mean before I ordered I didn't know that I get a discount both through my employer and a professional org I am in, as well as I didn't know about TreadLightly at the time. They only quoted me MSRP at the time.

To the main theme of the thread, the dealer said it was too late, and it had caused enough trouble fixing an error they made on the order. For what its worth I haven't been happy with them since they have been so hard to communicate with, but when I get my Jeep it will be worth it.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
If you qualify for affiliate pricing I'd make sure they know it, I only say this because some dealers are selling at or over MSRP, if you ordered a vehicle at MSRP they are likely only selling it to you at MSRP. to your original question, if you have a VIN assigned ive been told they won't change your order, im sure there's a handful of cases where they have in the past but in todays market it's likely not going to happen, best thing to do is cancel and order another one, your dealership will still get the original one you ordered but could potentially mess with your deposit. Best of luck.

twisty7867

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xE Sahara, 2019 Alfa Stelvio
Like others said, I would definitely recommend talking to the dealer immediately about the affiliate pricing, to avoid an unpleasant surprise (for you) when it arrives. I too have FCA affiliate pricing through my employer and I emailed literally every dealer within a few hours of Seattle. Only about 60% of them responded and of those, ALL declined to participate in the affiliate pricing - it's at their discretion, not a requirement from FCA. I just waited patiently and after about a month, the local AutoNation branch eventually rolled over and agreed to honor the affiliate pricing.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Like others said, I would definitely recommend talking to the dealer immediately about the affiliate pricing, to avoid an unpleasant surprise (for you) when it arrives. I too have FCA affiliate pricing through my employer and I emailed literally every dealer within a few hours of Seattle. Only about 60% of them responded and of those, ALL declined to participate in the affiliate pricing - it's at their discretion, not a requirement from FCA. I just waited patiently and after about a month, the local AutoNation branch eventually rolled over and agreed to honor the affiliate pricing.
To answer your question: pray!
Sponsored