First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
How about you two go take this offline? :) We finally got the thread back on track.
It’s an organic conversation and a brief but relevant topic that relates to realistic limitations and ramifications of the power source. If you’ve read everything up to this point, I was the respondent, not the tour guide on any detour. Everything’s ok. :beer:
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s an organic conversation and a brief but relevant topic that relates to realistic limitations and ramifications of the power source. If you’ve read everything up to this point, I was the respondent, not the tour guide on any detour. Everything’s ok. :beer:
Don't get me wrong... I've got your back on this :)

Fikestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
I am really curious how much of a electric range hit the Rubicon 4xe will take. I am assuming that as you get bigger tires the range will decrease. I was considering new tires and wheels, but their weight will have a big impact in range and electric range is the entire point of getting a 4xe.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Fikestrel - I'm having the exact same debate.
I can tell you from personal experience if you are having this internal debate with yourself now, before you have bought the Jeep, just go ahead and get the Rubi. You won't regret it.

Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Appreciate the advice. That just leaves me with the (first world) problem of electric blue stickers on a firecracker red jeep. Maybe I go back to granite...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the advice. That just leaves me with the (first world) problem of electric blue stickers on a firecracker red jeep. Maybe I go back to granite...
Tell you what... if the blue stickers on your red Jeep are the ONLY problem you experience with a brand new designed, never before real world tested, hybrid Jeep... I will buy you a beer. Heck I will buy you a case. Heck I will buy you a freaking brewery.
We have two first model year JLs with the 3.6L and we have had our share of problems. You couldn't pay me to have a first year hybrid :)

OP
OP
KSpider

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Well, we won’t have the first as I was a few days behind on knowing they were live, but that’s all good! We pulled the trigger on our first Jeep, my wife had always wanted an orange wrangler since she was young and I’m happy she is getting what she wants!

RXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
The warranty on the Renegade and Compass 4XEs in Europe is a lot longer than the standard models. So like the Pacifica, I sort of expect to see a longer warranty on the Wrangler 4XE too.
Chris have you figured out any more info re: warranty for 4xe? Particularly on the battery as that's where a ton of the cost is. Thanks
Sponsored