Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
My concern is why you let electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles bother you, just don't buy one...
Dont bother me at all . Just the illusion that they are somehow more environmentally friendly is a myth. Also super unreliable .

OP
OP
KSpider

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ā€™21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Dont bother me at all . Just the illusion that they are somehow more environmentally friendly is a myth. Also super unreliable .
I have two electric cars, 20,000 miles on one, drove it across the country twice, so far so good... do you have experience with the reliability of hybrid and electric cars?

Pupperdaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S60R; 1953 Willis Jeep M38A1
Hahahahah triggered
"Lol what an idiot. Unprompted and for no reason, I told him I hoped he was stranded in the middle of nowhere and he responded by telling me to go away. Clearly shows he's in the wrong"

. . .

smh

Sponsored

Pupperdaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want to substantiate your claim they are not more environmentally friendly? Because I'm not aware of any (reputable) research in the past couple years that would support that position.

(See, e.g., https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ars-emit-less-better-environment/3671468001/; https://www.energy.gov/eere/electricvehicles/reducing-pollution-electric-vehicles)

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Want to substantiate your claim they are not more environmentally friendly? Because I'm not aware of any (reputable) research in the past couple years that would support that position.

(See, e.g., https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ars-emit-less-better-environment/3671468001/; https://www.energy.gov/eere/electricvehicles/reducing-pollution-electric-vehicles)
How do you get the lithium and rare earth extracted from the dirt? Electric dump trucks? How do you charge the batteries? I dont know many 230volt solar only stations.

Pupperdaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh yes, because drilling for and transporting oil is better.

How do you get the lithium and rare earth extracted from the dirt? Electric dump trucks? How do you charge the batteries? I dont know many 230volt solar only stations.
So apparently the answer to my question is no. Pointing out EVs/PHEVs drawbacks without acknowledging the larger environmental drawbacks for ICEVs (let alone continuous oil production/transportation for the gas/oil/diesel and then emissions over the vehicles lifetime) shows you have no interest in engaging or in facts. They clearly are not perfect, but EVs/PHEVs are better than ICE cars already, and the gap will continue to grow as the grid, renewable energy production, etc. improve. Progress is good.

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Ahh yes, because drilling for and transporting oil is better.

So apparently the answer to my question is no. Pointing out EVs/PHEVs drawbacks without acknowledging the larger environmental drawbacks for ICEVs (let alone continuous oil production/transportation for the gas/oil/diesel and then emissions over the vehicles lifetime) shows you have no interest in engaging or in facts. They clearly are not perfect, but EVs/PHEVs are better than ICE cars already, and the gap will continue to grow as the grid, renewable energy production, etc. improve. Progress is good.
[/QUOTE]
Says the guy who completely avoided my question.

Sponsored

Pupperdaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Says the guy who completely avoided my question.
Lol. I thought you would understand me acknowledging EV/PHEVs were not perfect was me acknowledging those flaws, but I'll be more direct.

Yes. Those are flaws. And they need to be worked on, but it's already better than ICEVs.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Why do you bother arguing with some moron who thinks the electric will short out and leave you stranded? He obviously has no idea what heā€™s talking about. You canā€™t reason with stupid.

Pupperdaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you bother arguing with some moron who thinks the electric will short out and leave you stranded? He obviously has no idea what heā€™s talking about. You canā€™t reason with stupid.
I hope that pushing someone to type out their crazy positions will help them realize their wrong every once in a while.
It has to work eventually, right?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I also have habitat, landscape, and socioeconomic concerns for the sourcing of the materials for batteries as well as solar panels. Especially if the entire world needs the materials to ā€œsaveā€ the planet.